PDA

View Full Version : They call me.......Mr. Splatter !!!

oejeffrey
01-19-2014, 02:38 PM
As written in a previous post I had recently received a ( extremely powerful ) Porter Cable 7424XP !! I think this one had some kind of turbocharger/forced induction motor on it because I had a few incidents.

The weather finally peaked at 52 Degrees and The PC was calling my name from the closet. I had to make corrections & play with my new toy.

Penny ( at Autogeek ) had helped my hottie wife pick out my buffer & aceso

hernandez.art13
01-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Lol well do like you like the name splatter? :D

oejeffrey
01-19-2014, 03:52 PM
As written in a previous post I had recently received a ( extremely powerful ) Porter Cable 7424XP !! I think this one had some kind of turbocharger/forced induction motor on it because I had a few incidents. The weather finally peaked at 52 Degrees and The PC was calling my name from the closet. I had to make corrections & play with my new toy. Penny ( at Autogeek ) had helped my hottie wife pick out my buffer & other goodies such as pads and XMT prep spray and pad cleaner. I knew I was ready!! So I am like mucho excited about correcting/buffing ! I have watched Mike more times on you tube than I have episodes of duck dynasty and THINK I know what I am doing !!

As I look back in hind sight I realize that my raw emotion of playing with my new toy and dreams of suddenly turning the Tundra into a award winning show car/daily driver with one correction...may not have been firmly planted into reality.

As I prime the pad ( just like Mike does ) ,drape the cord over my shoulder ( just like Mike does ) , and apply three dime sized drops of product ( NOT like Mike does!!! In reality they wore more like cougaran size ) I place the pad/buffer combo against the Tundra and prepare for greatness !!! Well a few things happen here !! Suddenly in Ga directly above me it begins to snow ( could have been snow but was probaly Meguiars ultimate compound ) as I swear I feel my feet suddenly lift off the ground as this highly possessed PCXP launches me to the back of the Tundra and I accurately do this behind the Tundra as it snows M.U.C. !!! :buffing:
About 10 minutes later I was awoken to the neighborhood kids standing over me asking me what all this white splattered stuff is all over my face ??

Well I pick myself up and finish the ( snowing ) / correcting and think things are better. The front passenger quarter panel now looks better than a new Ferrari and all that awaits is Wax !! Max Wax to be honest with you. I honestly didn't know how to get the wax out of the container and onto the pad. Penny from customer service said just hit the bottom of the wax container while holding it upside down and spread the wax on the pad. EASY !!!!! So I think I can do one better than that!! I hold the wax and turn on the highly powerful/possessed buffer and apply the cylindrical wax while it is running !! As the wax projectile sailed into the next county like a missile launched at Al Queida I suddenly realize I forgot to turn the buffer off that # 6 setting and think to myself maybe I should have just MANUALLY spread the wax on.
Hind sight is 20/20

oejeffrey
01-19-2014, 03:54 PM
sorry I posted that first post by accident. My second posting is the who;e story !!!

Rsurfer
01-19-2014, 04:22 PM
:goodpost::laughing:

hernandez.art13
01-19-2014, 04:51 PM
This is like the Turbo Charged version of another member here on AGO. (I'll leave that person nameless) lol
Your post was actually an entertaining read. I wish I had gotten a supercharged PC lol.

:postpics:

Bill1234
01-19-2014, 04:53 PM
As written in a previous post I had recently received a ( extremely powerful ) Porter Cable 7424XP !! I think this one had some kind of turbocharger/forced induction motor on it because I had a few incidents. The weather finally peaked at 52 Degrees and The PC was calling my name from the closet. I had to make corrections & play with my new toy. Penny ( at Autogeek ) had helped my hottie wife pick out my buffer & other goodies such as pads and XMT prep spray and pad cleaner. I knew I was ready!! So I am like mucho excited about correcting/buffing ! I have watched Mike more times on you tube than I have episodes of duck dynasty and THINK I know what I am doing !!

As I look back in hind sight I realize that my raw emotion of playing with my new toy and dreams of suddenly turning the Tundra into a award winning show car/daily driver with one correction...may not have been firmly planted into reality.

As I prime the pad ( just like Mike does ) ,drape the cord over my shoulder ( just like Mike does ) , and apply three dime sized drops of product ( NOT like Mike does!!! In reality they wore more like cougaran size ) I place the pad/buffer combo against the Tundra and prepare for greatness !!! Well a few things happen here !! Suddenly in Ga directly above me it begins to snow ( could have been snow but was probaly Meguiars ultimate compound ) as I swear I feel my feet suddenly lift off the ground as this highly possessed PCXP launches me to the back of the Tundra and I accurately do this behind the Tundra as it snows M.U.C. !!! :buffing:
About 10 minutes later I was awoken to the neighborhood kids standing over me asking me what all this white splattered stuff is all over my face ??

Well I pick myself up and finish the ( snowing ) / correcting and think things are better. The front passenger quarter panel now looks better than a new Ferrari and all that awaits is Wax !! Max Wax to be honest with you. I honestly didn't know how to get the wax out of the container and onto the pad. Penny from customer service said just hit the bottom of the wax container while holding it upside down and spread the wax on the pad. EASY !!!!! So I think I can do one better than that!! I hold the wax and turn on the highly powerful/possessed buffer and apply the cylindrical wax while it is running !! As the wax projectile sailed into the next county like a missile launched at Al Queida I suddenly realize I forgot to turn the buffer off that # 6 setting and think to myself maybe I should have just MANUALLY spread the wax on.
Hind sight is 20/20
Right before you turn the machine on, spread out your product,then turn it on and immediately work product in then correct paint

hernandez.art13
01-19-2014, 04:58 PM
check it out in 18:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htsl7ICY8Nw

lawrenceSA
01-20-2014, 02:12 AM
:haha: