PDA

View Full Version : National detail pros

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jdbillin
01-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Has anyone ever done work through national detail pros?

I got a phone call from them the other day. Basically they schedule appointments and keep a small percentage of the cost then I would go do the actual detail.

Has anyone ever worked for this company or similar ones?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-19-2014, 01:34 PM
They have called me before and I wasn't interested. IMO, it's a middle man that doesn't need to exist and complicates things.

WillWashesCars
01-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Could be useful if you are desperate for work but it just adds another person in the middle and more less cut for yourself.

mwoolfso
01-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Nothing ventured.... nothing gained..... I wouldn't take it seriously but that doesn't mean I wouldn't spend some time evaluating the options and seeing what they send my way..... especially if work is slow.

jdbillin
01-19-2014, 11:11 PM
They have called me before and I wasn't interested. IMO, it's a middle man that doesn't need to exist and complicates things.

I agree I don't like the idea of having a middle man. I like to be able to talk to the customers to make the appointments and help them choose the best package.

But then again another detail is another detail

Could be useful if you are desperate for work but it just adds another person in the middle and more less cut for yourself.

I'm not desperate for work by any means but it is slow right now but thats executed for the winter

Nothing ventured.... nothing gained..... I wouldn't take it seriously but that doesn't mean I wouldn't spend some time evaluating the options and seeing what they send my way..... especially if work is slow.

I'm defiantly going to give it a try. I'll keep everyone informed about how it goes though out this year

Colinpd137
01-20-2014, 12:29 AM

I agree as well

Chicago Tommy
01-20-2014, 02:50 AM
How do you sign up for this?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-20-2014, 03:06 PM
How do you sign up for this?

I never signed up and they contacted me. I am guessing they do some research for the client that contacts them and then they contact you based on their location.

EMD
01-30-2014, 10:29 AM

But if you cant beat them, join them.. Rather still pick up the work rather than lose it. If you don't take the work, they'll just give it to someone else. I've done 12 for them this month.. Not bad money.

EMD
01-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Has anyone ever done work through national detail pros?

I got a phone call from them the other day. Basically they schedule appointments and keep a small percentage of the cost then I would go do the actual detail.

Has anyone ever worked for this company or similar ones?

Like i said in my last post, did 12 for them this month (and its January..) not bad. I think people that complain about it are just a little ignorant. Money is money baby! I like National Detail Pros personally, and obviously a lot of people do. Their facebook page has over 5000 some od likes.:xyxthumbs:

Jean-Claude
01-30-2014, 11:31 AM
Like i said in my last post, did 12 for them this month (and its January..) not bad. I think people that complain about it are just a little ignorant. Money is money baby! I like National Detail Pros personally, and obviously a lot of people do. Their facebook page has over 5000 some od likes.:xyxthumbs:

As someone with 2 posts and conveniently speaking up in this thread, please articulate your stance.

While we are busy and I only see this program as a way to complicate work, there are obviously others who are showing interest.

For the interest of hard working detailers who are giving it consideration, please explain how it is great for you.

I'm not attacking you but there are shills in this industry and your lack of posting history is, not damning, but questionable.

WillWashesCars
01-30-2014, 11:44 AM
I have nothing against them but I do not work for them. I found that I didn't need a middle man and that is not to say others don't.

But let me point out the obvious when there are 5000 likes to a page and 2-5 likes per post. Generally the likes or either purchased or fake accounts. Pages I run with 500-800 likes get about 10% interaction which varies from 50-100 likes per post. 5000 likes should net a minimum of 10-100 likes per post. Things like that set off an alarm in my mind.

Alby
01-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Not trying to be negative. 2 posts seems a little odd to me, does not give a location or even list a company name. Like I said not trying to be pessimistic, but it does seem a little odd.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-30-2014, 02:30 PM
But if you cant beat them, join them.. Rather still pick up the work rather than lose it. If you don't take the work, they'll just give it to someone else. I've done 12 for them this month.. Not bad money.

Someone else can gladly have the work. :) Although they have only contacted me twice...maybe if I knew it would be a more steady stream of business like you're receiving I might think twice.

I would just be super worried about miscommunication and dealing with "he said, she said" details.

jdbillin
02-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Someone else can gladly have the work. :) Although they have only contacted me twice...maybe if I knew it would be a more steady stream of business like you're receiving I might think twice.

I would just be super worried about miscommunication and dealing with "he said, she said" details.

I went ahead and signed up for it. It doesn't cost me any money. For me right now the more details the better.

I would much rather be able to talk to the customers directly before hand to do the scheduling and making appointments to avoid any miscommunication. But i'm willing to give it a try for a while and see what happens. If I don't take the details they will just give them to someone else.