PDA

View Full Version : Ummm

Pages : [1] 2

Jdsuperbee13
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM
So I was using my Porter DA polisher earlier with meguiars medium cut and Lake Country white polishing pad and I did a small square first and I think I messed up BIG time. It looks like I actually took out some of the clear coat 24804

You can't really see it but someone please tell me there is a fix? -_-

Sent from my LG-D800

blkSRT
01-18-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't really see anything in the pic but with that combination it would take quite a bit to any kind of damage.

Docpeanut
01-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I can't see anything in the pic. Did you keep the polisher in one spot for an extended amount of time?

Jdsuperbee13
01-18-2014, 10:08 PM
It's hard to see due to it being night time. No I didn't keep it in one spot or apply too much pressure. I marked the backing plate and it rotated the whole time. I did 6 passes vertically and horizontally. It looks like I uncorrected the paint somehow

Sent from my LG-D800

Jdsuperbee13
01-18-2014, 10:17 PM

You can see it a bit better now

Sent from my LG-D800

Evan.J
01-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Do you get any color transfer onto your pad? If not your fine.

You say it looks uncorrected so I'm thinking the paint is soft and your using too aggressive of a combo and causing marring which will look tiny uniform swirls.

What do you have thats less aggressive?

EDIT:

Definitely DA hazing from what you are using. I would try a polishing pad and a finishing polish to remove the hazing.

What did you do for a test spot and how were your results?

Jean-Claude
01-18-2014, 10:21 PM
How hot did you get the surface? Did it get HOT, just warm or did it stay cool to the touch?

dad07
01-18-2014, 10:29 PM
So I was using my Porter DA polisher earlier with meguiars medium cut and Lake Country white polishing pad and I did a small square first and I think I messed up BIG time. It looks like I actually took out some of the clear coat 24804

You can't really see it but someone please tell me there is a fix? -_-

Sent from my LG-D800

are you referring to Megs #1 ?

Jdsuperbee13
01-18-2014, 10:46 PM
are you referring to Megs #1 ?

It's the medium cut, not the high one.

How hot did you get the surface? Did it get HOT, just warm or did it stay cool to the touch?

It stayed the same temp, pretty cool.

Sent from my LG-D800

Jdsuperbee13
01-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Do you get any color transfer onto your pad? If not your fine.

You say it looks uncorrected so I'm thinking the paint is soft and your using too aggressive of a combo and causing marring which will look tiny uniform swirls.

What do you have thats less aggressive?

EDIT:

Definitely DA hazing from what you are using. I would try a polishing pad and a finishing polish to remove the hazing.

What did you do for a test spot and how were your results?

What kind of polish do you recommend? I have light swirls and minor scratches so any products you could recommend would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LG-D800

Evan.J
01-18-2014, 11:04 PM
What kind of polish do you recommend? I have light swirls and minor scratches so any products you could recommend would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LG-D800

What make model car?

Was there any color transfer into your pad? If there was you need to stop.

Does the area that you are talking about appear dull?

dad07
01-18-2014, 11:14 PM

Sent from my LG-D800

We all can recommend a bunch of products.........I am still confused as to what you were using.

as Evan said what kind of vehical are you working on?

aim4squirrels
01-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Looks like a Mopar in plum crazy. Charger or Challenger?

Read the bottle of polish you are using, does it say for use with a rotary buffer only?

You are likely using a DAT based product that the DA machine can't break down, and essentially rubbing tiny rocks around in odd patterns on your paint.

Evan.J
01-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Looks like a Mopar in plum crazy. Charger or Challenger?

Read the bottle of polish you are using, does it say for use with a rotary buffer only?

You are likely using a DAT based product that the DA machine can't break down, and essentially rubbing tiny rocks around in odd patterns on your paint.

DA polishers can break down DAT products no problem its just taking the tim to break them down :dblthumb2:

Jdsuperbee13
01-19-2014, 12:00 AM

Sent from my LG-D800