PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze- Brief Review

Waxmax
07-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I just tried out Menzerna's new Glaze PO 115C.

The product was difficult to remove and smeared quite a bit. Using very small amounts of product did reduce the smearing, but for me it was still too hard to remove, probably because of the oil content. I was working in high humidity conditions, but I've used CG's EZ Glaze & Danase's Wet Glaze in those conditions and they are very easy to remove. JMO.

travisdecpn
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Dang, I just bought some of this to try out. How did the finish look after you finally got the product removed?

Nica
07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I too niticed that the Menzerna Glaze was a little tough to remove. I applied it by hand, not by machine and after the applicator I was using got saturated with products I didn't need to use to much but I know what you mean about being a little difficult to remove.

Well at least it really does give the vehicle that wet look, that I so much love ;) well worth the extra effort to remove :D

Thejoyofdriving
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
It might be the kaolin clay that is making the product hard to wipe off.

Waxmax
07-03-2007, 01:08 PM
For me it was mostly a smearing issue....oils, not clay. Also, I did not see any exceptional filling properties. Now the finish looked very good...nice wetness, but for me there are other glazes that do that and are easier to use.

Al-53
07-03-2007, 01:38 PM
When I got my menz glaze...I did it by hand....very little product on a MF applicator...and did not have smearing...but weather was in 60's and dry....humidity plays into effects on a lot of products....keeps them from drying ..I have a hard time removing some sealants and waxes and even polishes when it get real humid here....its like they never dry and smear when tried to remove...

AL

AL417
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm just finished using Menzerna Glaze and didn't have any trouble at all removing it. I'm going to post a quick review later. I'm using the UDM for the first time along with Menzerna FP and Glaze. Gotta go my LSP is waiting!

Nica
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm just finished using Menzerna Glaze and didn't have any trouble at all removing it. I'm going to post a quick review later. I'm using the UDM for the first time along with Menzerna FP and Glaze. Gotta go my LSP is waiting!

hahahahahaha and I thought I had it bad :cheers:

AL417
07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
hahahahahaha and I thought I had it bad :cheers:LOL You're in a class all your own. I can only aspire to catch up with you.;)

richy
07-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I've posted before, but try to apply by hand and then reove via machine (rotary or pc) with a gray pad..awsome results!

Nica
07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL You're in a class all your own. I can only aspire to catch up with you.;)

oh come on I'm trying to keep up with everyone here and that includes you :grouphug:

Largebore
07-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow... I never had a single problem removing it, either when applied by machine or by hand... Do agree that it is easy to smear and that its' covering power is not impressive. Black car does however look like a shimmering pool.