PDA

View Full Version : First time detailing.

taxi_dub
01-18-2014, 01:20 PM
So I have been lurking around for a couple months even before I became a member. I recently invested in a rupes 21mm blue, white and blue microfiber pads. The products I was working with menzerna FG400 as the first step, then follow it with sf4500. First I have washed the car using a foam canon with CG citrus as a pre wash. Then I washed the car with a two bucket method with CG citrus soap. Car was decontaminated with iron x, then I used the nanoskin towel. Next I fully dried the car and taped off all the rubber/ plastic on the car. My next step was to prime the rupes blue foam pad with FG400 placed three small dots of product on the pad itself. I did 7 passes as a test spot on the trunk, it seem like somehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/4yzy4asu.jpg scratches where just laughing at me. I was working slow steady even passes. I decided to do another set of passes still nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? Is my paint on my Audi s4 that far gone It will require wet sanding? Here is a photo of half the trunk done and the other half not done. I definitely notice a difference but I was hoping to rid of more defects. Thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taxi_dub
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
The scratches Are not that deep, they do not get caught under my finger nail, but maybe they are two deep to remove by machine polishing?

HateSwirls
01-18-2014, 02:05 PM
What make car and year?

taxi_dub
01-18-2014, 02:34 PM
What make car and year?

2000 audi s4

HateSwirls
01-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Well 7 passes is more than enough to remove these defects.
If your using the right amount of pressure and slow arm speed then it may take something a little more aggressive.
Never worked on an Audi but it seems the clear is hard.

Couple of weeks back me and two members here got together to work on one of their cars, a 1999 BMW Coupe.
We first used his Blackfire Compound with the Rupes, nothing, same as your car.
We then switched to the Wolfgang Über Compound using the Rupes along with a MF cutting pad and like magic all of the defects were gone with making 4 passes.

We used the same pad for both products btw.

Good luck