PDA

View Full Version : QD to much?

Pages : [1] 2 3

KJW Detailing
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
As the title states, can one QD to much?

before learning alot from this site i was washing my car three times a week sometimes...and now im washing once maybe twice but with much better products and then QD in between...

i know that washing your car two much and im sure that going through the entire car washing process will allow for swirls to occur, but can QDing have the same affect?

and how many times a week do you QD, every day?

thanks!

supercharged
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
As the title states, can one QD to much?

before learning alot from this site i was washing my car three times a week sometimes...and now im washing once maybe twice but with much better products and then QD in between...

i know that washing your car two much and im sure that going through the entire car washing process will allow for swirls to occur, but can QDing have the same affect?

and how many times a week do you QD, every day?

thanks!
What kind of QD are you using anyway (brand)?

KJW Detailing
07-03-2007, 11:43 AM
i was using pinnacle crystal mist, now i am using DG Aquawax, and i also have Clearkote Quick Shine but i wont be using that for the time being...

and i use a cobra microfiber towel...

travisdecpn
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Is this the new version or old version of Crystal Mist? DG Aquawax isn't really a cleaning QD, you would want to use it after you use a true QD like your quick shine, or newer version of crystal mist.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-03-2007, 11:54 AM
DG Aquawax isn't really a cleaning QD, you would want to use it after you use a true QD like your quick shine, or newer version of crystal mist.

+1, Dg AW is not a QD, it is a spray sealant... when used to much you will get hazing/muted tones... I use it once a month, I also use the S100 Spray Detail w/ carnuba weekly and a QD every other day if not daily

Thejoyofdriving
07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Yes, you do run the risk of creating swirls, more so than washing i think. When its not hot outside, i qd 3 times per week.

bambo2888
07-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I personally QD with CM everyday before classes and have yet to develop any imperfections.

It makes the wash at the end of the week either easy or not needed at all.

Surfer
07-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I personally QD with CM everyday before classes and have yet to develop any imperfections.

It makes the wash at the end of the week either easy or not needed at all.Your pearl color hides well though, our Lexus truck has that champagne/pearl color that hides everything. I could qd' it daily and not see anything but put some hologens on and the light swirls start appearing, but the clear on it isn't hard either so....

less touching the better. qd' a black car daily and you'll have swirl city in 2 weeks lol

whitespy9
07-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Any QD will create swirls?

Your pearl color hides well though, our Lexus truck has that champagne/pearl color that hides everything. I could qd' it daily and not see anything but put some hologens on and the light swirls start appearing, but the clear on it isn't hard either so....

less touching the better. qd' a black car daily and you'll have swirl city in 2 weeks lol

budman3
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Any QD will create swirls?

It's not the QD that causes swrils, it's what is on the paint that does. You can QD a car whenever you want if you don't drive it. As long as it is just a light dust (and you haven't driven in the rain) I think it is safe to QD. Some QDs have more lubricants than others so you may want to search for that information. If you always want to keep your car clean without doing any washes and like to QD, pick up some Poorboy's Spray and Wipe. It is safe for anything short of mud pretty much. Also make sure your towels are clean before using a QD or S&W and don't be afraid to use more than 1... they are easy enough to wash.

A1monky
07-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Once you drive on the road. Your car picks up dirt form the road, other cars, and the elements. If you QD after driving you will be grinding that dirt into your clear, causing swirls. I will only QD if my car had been sitting in the garage, after a wash.
This is coming from someone who has a black car. Maybe if I owned a white EVO I might change my tune.

bambo2888
07-03-2007, 05:17 PM
i have my accessory halogens and i qd everyday, again, no marring. yall are welcome to come see my car...

in all honesty, its all about the tools you use, mine being completely and totally clean MFs everytime, saturated surface with CM or SSW, and slow deliberate parallel movements.

BILL
07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Every other day for me........i use whatever's available in my stash, or whatever's closest for me to grab....

KJW Detailing
07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
so whats a good QD that has alot of lubricants in it?

FMINUS
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
I have a question on swirls....why swirls? Why not lines? Why circular swirls?????? Especially when I apply and remove everything in linear motion, including washes