PDA

View Full Version : DoDo Juice...Recipe Recommendations??

galaxy
01-18-2014, 12:59 AM
So it seems that DoDo Juice has its fan base just as strong as any other product and it's starting to get me intrigued. May give it a try this spring. Have only started to do a little homework on the brand, but curious if there's any recommendations for a perfectly corrected oxford white?

I don't know why nor where I got it from but I'm just the type that doesn't feel complete unless I top something with something!!:buffing: With that said, was thinking about Diamond White (to bring out the color) topped with Supernatural Hybrid for that extra gloss and durability...all according to the product description, lol!

And at the risk of ridicule...I must admit I thought of doing the above over Black Label paint coating.

Any thoughts...mainly on the DoDo and my recipe plan?

Guessless
01-18-2014, 01:23 AM
So it seems that DoDo Juice has its fan base just as strong as any other product and it's starting to get me intrigued. May give it a try this spring. Have only started to do a little homework on the brand, but curious if there's any recommendations for a perfectly corrected oxford white?

I don't know why nor where I got it from but I'm just the type that doesn't feel complete unless I top something with something!!:buffing: With that said, was thinking about Diamond White (to bring out the color) topped with Supernatural Hybrid for that extra gloss and durability...all according to the product description, lol!

And at the risk of ridicule...I must admit I thought of doing the above over Black Label paint coating.

I've used a couple of their products, and have bought a couple more that have not used yet.

If you chose to use the Supernatural hybrid, make sure to put that on first and then any other wax of your choice on top of that as the sealants go on the paint first.

FUNX650
01-18-2014, 01:34 AM
May give it a try this spring.

I would:
-Make sure vessel is tepid to the touch.
-Next add 1-2 teaspoons (or to ones "taste") of the Hybrid to vessel.
-Let this Hybrid-concoction simmer ~12 hours.
-Afterwards: Add the desired amount of Wax to the mix.
-Allow to steep for 45-60 minutes before moving vessel.

Note:
There are a couple of three months, 'til Spring, wherein any modifications to the above may be taken under consideration.

Best regards,

Chef "Bob" Ardee

AeroCleanse
01-18-2014, 01:46 AM
I found Super Natural Wax to be the best in the line (for a pure wax)

GenesisCoupe
01-18-2014, 01:46 AM
Supernatural is said to be best on white.

i've used their Hard Candy on Silver and other light colored vehicles with great success.

Guessless
01-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Hey Chef "Bob",

Does:

Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk~Joaquin de Setanti

Fit into this recipe as well?;)

Bob here too.

FUNX650
01-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Hey Chef "Bob",

Does:

Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk~Joaquin de Setanti

Fit into this recipe as well?;)

Bob here too.
Hi Bob...

Fit? Yes it does.
I've layered "pure Waxes" atop Sealants/Hybrids many a time...
with nothing less than excellent results to always, and confidently announce!

Thanks for asking.

:dblthumb2:

Bob

Guessless
01-18-2014, 02:38 AM
Hi Bob...

Fit? Yes it does.
I've layered "pure Waxes" atop Sealants/Hybrids many a time...
with nothing less than excellent results to confidently announce!

Thanks for asking.

:dblthumb2:

Bob

From Bob to Bob,

Good now I'm gonna use your recipe without much Ado, and so you know liked your quote very much too.
:urtheman:

FUNX650
01-18-2014, 02:52 AM
From Bob to Bob,

Good now I'm gonna use your recipe without much Ado, and so you know liked your quote very much too.
:urtheman:
Thanks for the kind words.

You would have been a good fit
In the limerick thread: A big Hit!
T'was once floating around this forum
And was presented with proper decorum.
'Tis a shame that to post: We up 'n quit.

Bob

DevilsNDetails
01-18-2014, 06:48 AM
For my silver and white cars I do a Diamond White hard wax first, then top it with a coating of Light Fantastic soft wax. Both smell amazing and they are said to be specifically for light colored cars.

Best thing for you to do in my opinion is to grab a sample of each off of Autogeek for $25 total. The 30ml do about 3-4 cars depending on size.

Dodo Juice 30 ml Wax 2 Pack, carnauba waxes, Dodo Juice wax samples (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-wax-2-pack.html)

galaxy
01-18-2014, 01:22 PM
If you chose to use the Supernatural hybrid, make sure to put that on first and then any other wax of your choice on top of that as the sealants go on the paint first.

I guess it's one of those things you can play with. Doing homework, I read on another post about putting the Supernatural on top to bring out the shine and the durability of the hybrid. But can see why you'd want the sealant portion on the surface.

Any other opinions on doing either or over top a coating?

galaxy
01-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Well, got a reply from DoDo...they recommend putting the hybrid down first (if you insist on layering different products) and put the diamond white on top!

mwoolfso
01-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Well, got a reply from DoDo...they recommend putting the hybrid down first (if you insist on layering different products) and put the diamond white on top!

Makes sense.... SNH has sealant qualities whereas DW is a carnauba. In the spring I will be doing SNH topped with Liquid Souveran. wooooshhhh....... goes my wife's hand as she attempts to open the car door.... lol