PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maine!

expresslygreen
01-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Good Afternoon, Everyone:

My name is Jim, and I've been lurking around on the AG forums for a while. I've been passionate about cars for a very long time, have owned a couple of trophy-winning Scion xBs and have always taken pride in keeping my personal vehicles clean, along with those of family and friends.

I've decided to take my passion for a clean, respectable car to the next level and have opened up a waterless mobile detailing side business here in Augusta, Maine. It's known as Expressly Green Auto Detailing, and you're welcome to like my page at www.facebook.com/expresslygreen! I'm currently using Eco Touch products, as the company's mission and values line up nicely with mine (oh, and the products work wonderfully, too).

I'm trying to build a mobile detailing platform around the "green" concept, as many people (myself included) are environmentally-conscious in this area. I'm also positioning the business as more of a value-oriented business with a simple, affordable detailing menu for the average consumer. This is also currently a side business (I'm a University admissions counselor and adjunct business professor by trade), so I'm viewing much of this as a grand experiment to see if mobile detailing could take off in this area. I've done my homework on the competition, and I remain optimistic that this could turn into something more than just a side job!

Anyway, I'm glad to have finally started posting here, and I look forward to connecting with old pros and detailing noobs alike to learn more about how to detail, and to hone my detailing craft.

wlshephard
01-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Hi, welcome to AGO.

DaHen
01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey Jim,

:welcome: to the forum.

rdhamill
01-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Welcome from New Brunswick
( just look next door..that's us)

jamesboyy
01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
welcome to autogeek

Mark Rancourt
01-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Hello Jim, I'm new to this forum as well. long time detailer though. It's nice to see someone thinking green! We all could.... However that could be compared to running a marathon without proper carbs and hydration. Good luck