PDA

View Full Version : Knowing When to Pull the Trigger.....

whitespy9
07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
How do you all judge when it is time to pull a full detail again? Here is where I am comming from...

I recently (3 weeks ago) clean waxed, polished, and nuba waxed my vehicle. It still looks great except for the light swirls and water spots that I was unable to get out.
I have just recieved my PC and want to use some XMT#1 and work out the swirls ,but don't want to "over work" the clear coat, since it has been less than a month since a last detail.

So, how long to you usually wait between full details?

whitespy9
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
34 views and not one reply..... weaksauce.....weaksauce...

orngez
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
if you are using a pc...dont worry about overworking the paint...the paint will be fine to be polished again....just so you know...xmt1 is a VERY mild polish...more of a paint cleaner than anything...you will probably get very little correction out of the paint using xmt1 on pc...time between details? its really whenever i have time i detail the car again...i dont always polish...but whatever time i have to detail the car is how much attention it gets...

Jimmie
07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Go for it. You're an "Autogeek". Sometimes it's mandatory that you strip and start over just to try your new stuff. I can say this b/c I agree with orngez on the paint will be fine polished again. Did you clay during your 1st detail? Something to think about.

whitespy9
07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Thejoyofdriving
07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Ya XMT 1 is not good for removing swirls, i tried it, i didnt do any thing. you migh want to step up to XMT 2 or maybe even 3. Polishing does remove clear coat, just remember that, and you clear coat is about as thick as a plastic bag, you can only polish a car so much..then the clear coat is gone. I would go ahead and remove the swirls. You dont really need to wait in between details, if you think you could have done a better job go ahead and redo it.

klumzypinoy
07-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Always clay first!! Very important :D you will literally feel the results.