PDA

View Full Version : Optimum compound on orange pad is not removing swirls

Gdubb
01-17-2014, 12:52 PM
As the title states I still have swirls after using these products on my 7424. Is it my pad selection or should I try another compound/polish combo. This is on my Honda Civic paint. Thanks!!

Hoytman
01-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Perhaps be a bit more specific with regard to describing how you used these products. Speed of machine, amount of pressure applied, arm speed, number of section passes, etc. Did you wash, inspect, clay, then proceed to doing a test spot and what did that test spot reveal, etc?

VP Mark
01-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a problem with your process. That combo should work good on relatively soft Honda paint.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Gdubb
01-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Speed was on 6 with not much pressure applied. Car was washed and clayed. I would say about 5 passes then wiped off and inspected. I am just an enthusiast so I know it is probably me.

Ended up just using CG Blacklight just as a all in one so I was not expecting any correction from it

VP Mark
01-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Speed was on 6 with not much pressure applied. Car was washed and clayed. I would say about 5 passes then wiped off and inspected. I am just an enthusiast so I know it is probably me.

Ended up just using CG Blacklight just as a all in one so I was not expecting any correction from it

Prime pad
Slow arm speed. When you think you are going slow, go much slower
IPA wipe down
Repeat if needed

Might need to slow down to 5.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

c8n
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Not all Honda paints are soft. For example my CBP Acura I found it to be about a medium. Perhaps bit more pressure or passes are needed.

Vegas Transplant
01-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Shake OCII vigorously prior to adding to the pad each time.

Q?

At speed 6 are you creating dusting?

Vegas Transplant
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Or small bits of product like small balls for lack of better description ?

Gdubb
01-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Shake OCII vigorously prior to adding to the pad each time.

Q?

At speed 6 are you creating dusting?

I did shake it pretty good and I did not have any dusting

Thanks for all the replys everyone

TundraPower
01-17-2014, 11:30 PM
I have had decent success with Hyperpolish but Hypercompound is next to worthless.

Vegas Transplant
01-18-2014, 08:57 AM
You must have bumped your head.