PDA

View Full Version : Im a believer(waterless wash)

Pages : [1] 2 3

dajuanNonly
01-16-2014, 11:49 PM
I was stressing over how to get spot free washes and getting a lot of different responses... finally Anthony from Bates d
Detailing STRONGLY suggested I go waterless and stressed the pros....it's more convenient, cost effective,and... wait for it....GENTLE...the only con was amount of micro fibers but he prepared me for that.I haven't tried the waterless he recommended yet(waiting on delivery) but I bought an otc meguiars just to see and I was amazed that waterless actually works...thanks again Anthony

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

ABHernandez
01-16-2014, 11:53 PM
got a link to the original thread?

cleanmycorolla
01-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the club, long list of members. Now try UWW+

dajuanNonly
01-17-2014, 12:22 AM

dajuanNonly
01-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Haha...I feel like I joined a cult...I will try it thanks for suggestion...and I'll spread the gospel

Romans5.8
01-17-2014, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the club! I started out of necessity (living in an apartment). Now I question why you'd drag the hose and buckets out all the time? It's just great! I've been trying different WW solutions each time I order. Gonna see which is my favorite!

dajuanNonly
01-17-2014, 12:27 AM
got a link to the original thread?

I don't know how to do that....he recommended eco smart and cost co mf

dajuanNonly
01-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the club! I started out of necessity (living in an apartment). Now I question why you'd drag the hose and buckets out all the time? It's just great! I've been trying different WW solutions each time I order. Gonna see which is my favorite!

What's favorite so far

Romans5.8
01-17-2014, 12:43 AM
What's favorite so far

That's tough. Detailers Pro is really slick feeling, cleans really well, but you use a lot of it and it leaves no shine on it's own. Pinnacle waterless wash leaves a gorgeous, warm carnauba shine but doesn't seem as slick and 'lubricated' as the DP. I preferred both of those to ONR, but I've only used the ONR once. Let me try it a couple more times, first.

KillaCam
01-17-2014, 12:44 AM
I'm still too scared to try it. Maybe on a garage queen but not a daily driver.

Billand
01-17-2014, 12:59 AM
I use ONR several times a week it's great Detailers Pro isn't bad but my new favorite is adams rinse less wash but it's price compared to the others

Romans5.8
01-17-2014, 12:59 AM

Try not to confuse it with a quick-detailer. If the grit is heavy, you could use a coin-op to spray it down. But I use it on my daily driver all the time. Unlike a QD spray, you get a thick, soapy spray that lingers and loosens dirt, almost (almost) like foaming the car. Then you wipe gently and all of the dirt is safely nestled in the microfiber towel. Anytime you touch the car you risk marring it. But as someone with soft (SOFT!) black paint, I've been thrilled with the waterless wash solutions out there. Give it a try!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/457x343q90/811/ozsu.jpg

My wife got me that little 'tote' for Christmas. Works great for waterless washing. Stuff it full of microfiber towels (this was 'after washing' so most of them are piled up on my windshield, dirty) and carry my bottle down with me!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/457x343q90/577/z3gk.jpg

Nothing beats clean and shiny on a windy 35 degree day with no outside hose, no buckets, and not getting wet!

Rsurfer
01-17-2014, 01:01 AM

Why, is it because the DD is too dirty?

swanicyouth
01-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Dear waterless wash lovers,

How do clean wheels and wheel wells?

Thanks,

SY

Billand
01-17-2014, 01:37 AM
I use one of the garden pump sprayers with fresh water