PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 15 or 21

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

WRAPT C5Z06
04-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Mark is there a polisher u do NOT love lol?
I swear everytime i click in a thread, i see u mentioning loving a machine and they are all different each and every time too lol
I change my mind frequently....LOL!!!

Rsurfer
04-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I change my mind frequently....LOL!!!

I guess I missed it, but you now have a 2014 Camaro? If so, what color is it?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-25-2014, 01:41 PM
I guess I missed it, but you now have a 2014 Camaro? If so, what color is it?

'14 ZL1 Ashen Grey Metallic

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/7umuhydu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvolutionDetail
04-25-2014, 02:20 PM
I will give that Camaro a year and it will be a different car again lol!!!

I just got my Rupes Mini Today, but the rubber thingie on the housing cap has a cut in it... Waiting for AG to respond back to my email for a replacement.

So eager to turn it on and play with it, but i don't want to use it. Just in case if they want me to send this thing back and wait another week for another polisher....

Rsurfer
04-25-2014, 05:48 PM
'14 ZL1 Ashen Grey Metallic

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/7umuhydu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dblthumb2:

Quality Control
04-25-2014, 08:01 PM
I'd be worried about the 21 on that Sorrento, lots of pad stopping curves for the 21. Also, the two Kia's I have done, super soft paint. I tried MF pads on the first one I did, in black, marred and hazed like no ones business.

I don't think I will even consider the 21 as I just don't have the funds to pick up a mini. I had a scratch I had to remove from the Sorento today and using my OLD school 7424 gen1, noticed a lot of pad stopping. I was originally considering the flex, but I like the idea of an all in one polisher, pad, product system. I will probably seal after polish with Auto fines power seal.

If you go with the Duetto, pick up a few B&S 5.5" microfiber cutting pads. They work GREAT with the Duetto.

Still contemplating these two. I wouldn't mind doing a few cars on the side to make some money for some extra gear. You might be right, I might pick up the Duetto and build up my arsenal as I go. They are just so bloody expensive and I don't really want to drop $1500 on polishers if I don't end up doing any paid polishes.

Quality Control
04-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Now would you guys recommend a duetto and a mini as a combo?

Really starting to think about those tight places

Anomander
04-26-2014, 01:38 AM
15ES and Meguiars G110V2 are a great combo too.
Plus, the G110 can go from 6 inch backing plate to 3 inch and be used for sanding.
I'm trying to justify getting the Rupes denibber LD30, but don't have a shop or want to lug around a 30+ gallon air compressor.

Christopher.Brown
04-26-2014, 08:28 AM
I must have missed a pretty important testing session.

How was it concluded that the LHR15ES is less prone to having its backing plate stall under load (pressure, friction, panel curvature, etc.)

Unless the machine's "approach angle" was not adjusted to assist in minimizing an edge digging of its pad, I do not understand.

:iagree:... this myth is perpetuated ALMOST as much as the one that says, "To strip everything off of a surface use dawn, [DISH] soap."

No matter what, some people want to believe that easy mode exists SOOO BADLY that they will deny all evidence and logic and then rationalize that performing certain 'shortcut' procedures will work--- Simply because they want it to work.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I must have missed a pretty important testing session.

How was it concluded that the LHR15ES is less prone to having its backing plate stall under load (pressure, friction, panel curvature, etc.)

Unless the machine's "approach angle" was not adjusted to assist in minimizing an edge digging of its pad, I do not understand.
Agreed.

I've used the LHR15 & LHR21 and the LHR21 smokes the LHR15 as far as keeping the pad rotating.

SWP27
05-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Agreed.

I've used the LHR15 & LHR21 and the LHR21 smokes the LHR15 as far as keeping the pad rotating.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but if you had a budget for two rupes and you are taking the LHR75 as one of them, which one would the other be? I will be mostly working on my own porsche, bmw, and jaguar as well as some of my friends' european cars. I don't expect to detail more than 1-2 cars per week.

Thanks in advance!

Quality Control
05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but if you had a budget for two rupes and you are taking the LHR75 as one of them, which one would the other be? I will be mostly working on my own porsche, bmw, and jaguar as well as some of my friends' european cars. I don't expect to detail more than 1-2 cars per week.

Thanks in advance!

I went through this recently and all signs pointed to 21. The thing to remember is with the 21 you can use pads with 5" and 6" backings pads (when you buy the 5" backing plate) and with the 75 you can use pads with 3"+ backings (working surface, I know the backing plates are 3", 5" & 6").

So let me put it this way:

Big panels 7" pad
Regular cars 5"-6" pads (Lots of variety within rupes or outside the brand)
small areas (bumpers, trunks, etc) 3"-4" pad

You cover absolutely every basis with those two machines. If you get a 15 and a 75, you can only use pads with 5" backing pads and 3" backing pads.

Christopher.Brown
05-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Or for a much more cost effective alternative and better edging machine (due to less throw) buy a 21 and then dedicate a G110v2 for a 3" machine. It has plenty of power when concentrated to a small 3" pad.

Quality Control
05-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Rupes all the way.

jakescakes
05-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I've always used a PC with 5.5" pads and I have been leaning more towards the 15. I can't afford both machines and I hope the 15 will be more versatile and comfortable for me than the big 21. I don't know for sure though, everyone raves about the 21. Either way I will be dedicating the PC to a 3" bp to compliment the Rupes.