PDA

View Full Version : Review - No PC Palm Adapter, Edge 2000 Orange Wave Pad (Long)

GearHead_1
06-05-2006, 05:43 PM
This is a brief review of a couple of Edge products that haven't quite made it to market yet. I'm sorry I don't have a picture with them in action but I'm not very good at taking pictures of myself. I had a chance to use these products the last few days. Here's what I think.

No PC Palm Adapter (I made this name up)

Package - None it isn't on the market just yet.

Instructions - Same as above.

Price - Yet to be determined.

Intended Use - To enable user to use current and future Edge 2000 products without attaching to a buffer.

My thoughts upon use - First of all I understand that there may be a few that are thinking what in the heck do I want to do with an Edge pad when it's not attached to the PC. On numerous occasions I've been finishing up a job/section and gotten to those small concealed points where a PC won't fit. I usually just take the pad I'm using in hand and finish off where the buffer can't reach. I had the opportunity to use a white finish pad with the Palm Adapter to complete a few of the tough places where I would normally reach for a regular applicator or just take my 2000 pad off of the PC. The product worked very well in fact It was first rate in it's reach and balance. It fit the palm of my hand well. It's a no brainer and very easy to use.

The question went through my mind is it easier to use a regular applicator, the pad on my buffer by hand or the Palm Adapter? After a little thought I arrived at the conclusion that it's easier to put this in my pocket, set down the buffer snap the pad on and use it than to grab an applicator apply the polish or wax to it, use it and then set it down being careful not to contaminate the polish or wax. Using the 2000 pad off of the PC with my bare hands is no easier. It's usually messy and makes me stop to wipe the product off of my hand. I used this with a 6 inch pad but happen to think this would be ideal with a 4 inch pad (I'm still hoping Aaron will let me try a few of these out, in bold so Aaron will see, hint, hint). This product was simple and easy to use. It's a great idea as far as I'm concerned.

Along with being able to use this with a smaller pad I also believe that it would work very well with the carpet brush that Aaron has said is in the works (I'm hoping to get the chance to try one of these out also). I would give this product a 5 out of 5 rating.

Edge 2000 Orange Wave Pad

Package - None

Instructions - None

Price - I'm assuming here but I would guess the same as the other Edge 2000 Wave Pads $18.99

Intended Use - PC Buffer Light Cut/Polishing Pad

My thoughts upon use - I'm a little biased here. It's no secret that I really like the Edge 2000 System and I love the regular Edge 2000 Orange Pad. When it comes to light swirls it's the first pad I grab for. Many times I've started a job that had light swirls and used an Orange pad and finished with a white one using nothing in between.

I had tried the new wave pads and had very good luck with them. To put my feelings in a few words here is they seem to have a little more bite and are somewhat easier to control, they glide across the finish very easy. I attribute that to having less pad on the finish yet it doesn't take me any longer to do the job. The Orange Wave Pad hadn't hit the shelves yet so I gave Aaron a call one day and asked him if had plans for this to become available. He indicated that he did but also said that since it wasn't available just yet that he would send me one. He did and it was at my house in 5 days. That's pretty darn good when you're talking about a freebie (Aaron is very nice to talk to and he listens when you feel you have something to say).

I tried the Orange Wave Pad and it was just as I expected it would be. It had the same characteristics as the other Wave Pads with no drawbacks that I've been able to discern. I haven't had the Wave Pads long enough to tell you how they hold up over the long haul. This is a very nice pad and if you are a fan of the Wave Pad I would recommend that you try this pad out. I would give it a 4 out 5 rating. I will have to use it and see how it holds up over it's lifetime before I give it a 5 out of 5 rating.

Here's a few pics of the products.

abrcrombe
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Sounds good! Does anyone else have the wave pads and wants to comment about them? Better than the regular pads or more of an addition to the regular pads?