PDA

View Full Version : Exiting the business, selling everything, and thank you to everybody

Pages : [1] 2

SuperiorAutoLLC
01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi guys,

It's been quite some time since I last posted on the forum. I have been rather busy lately and have been doing a lot of thinking about my future. When I started this business my freshman year of college, I always said I would sell it by the time I graduate, and that time is finally nearing.

My detailing business has been great, but it's time for me to put my Business Management degree to good use and I have accepted a position with a company here in Orlando. With that being said, it's time for me to let go of my detailing business and finally enter the corporate world I've been dreaming about since I was a kid.

I can't thank everybody here enough for the knowledge and insight you have shared with me over the last few years; because of you all I have learned more than I ever could have imagined, made some good friends and was able to take my business to a level I never thought was possible. I would especially like to thank Mike Phillips, who is a true inspiration and role model to me in the detailing community. Because of you I really learned to enjoy detailing and found my work to be very rewarding.

I bit the bullet and placed my detailing trailer up for sale on eBay the other night, and am awaiting to see if it sells. I have decided to sell off all my equipment as a turn key operation as opposed to selling the business as a whole in order to give somebody with an existing business the chance to expand their detailing company with very advanced products and equipment. I hope that whoever buys my trailer is able to take their company to the next level as well.

So with that all being said, again thank you all for everything. I have truly enjoyed being a part of the forum and learning, interacting and chatting with all of you. The criticism, advice and praise I've received from talking with you has made me become a better detailer, a better businessman, and a better person.

Until next time,

Brandon Gardner
Superior Auto Detailing, LLC.

VP Mark
01-16-2014, 11:01 AM
I've never talked to you before but I sincerely wish the best for you. Detailing is great but if something you want more comes up I have the utmost respect for you following your dreams.

Who knows, maybe a Florida member starting out might be interested in your equipment.

God bless!

tuscarora dave
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Brandon. Good luck in following your dreams into the corporate world. I got some major goose bumps reading what you've written above. I applaud your success as a detailing company and your being a great forum member. I wish you the best and will surely miss you on the forums.

SlightlyBent
01-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Best of luck to you! I only recently joined the forums here (and have found a really great set of folks), so I haven't had a chance to read your prior postings. That said, I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years now (has it really been that long??) and know that for the most part, the 'corporate world' does not at all behave like this forum does! There are of course, lots of exceptions, and if you can find a mentor to work with, your time in the corporate world will be much more enjoyable.

Keep your detailing tools - you'll need them for meditative detailing on the weekends while your brain sorts through work stuff....

runrun411
01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
I wish you lots of luck but hopefully you'll keep in touch and continue time to time share your wisdom and experiences with the rest of us. One thing is for sure, you'll always know how to keep your car clean.

topKek
01-16-2014, 12:30 PM
My detailing business has been great, but it's time for me to put my Business Management degree to good use and I have accepted a position with a company here in Orlando. With that being said, it's time for me to let go of my detailing business and finally enter the corporate world I've been dreaming about since I was a kid.

As someone who is in it, those weren't dreams you were having but nightmares.

LuxuryMobile
01-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Brandon, PM coming your way.

spence
01-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Best of luck to you! I only recently joined the forums here (and have found a really great set of folks), so I haven't had a chance to read your prior postings. That said, I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years now (has it really been that long??) and know that for the most part, the 'corporate world' does not at all behave like this forum does! There are of course, lots of exceptions, and if you can find a mentor to work with, your time in the corporate world will be much more enjoyable.

Keep your detailing tools - you'll need them for meditative detailing on the weekends while your brain sorts through work stuff....

I second SlightlyBent's suggestion about meditative detailing. My Saturday morning detailing of my car allow me to relax and unwind from my work at the office.

STPETEDALE
01-16-2014, 05:41 PM
You've priced it for a quick sale.All top notch equipment! I wouldn't be able to part with the Honda eu3000. We are in Florida.I would be all over this if I Was just starting out and was looking for a turn key business. Good luck with your career and congratulations on your graduation.:props:

SuperiorAutoLLC
01-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. This wasn't the easiest decision I've had to make but I'm confident it's for the best.

Mike lambert
01-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Good luck to you!

A.P.A.D.
01-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Best wishes to you in your next chapter!

cardaddy
01-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Good luck in the new direction life is taking you Brandon. I've been there, wondering where to go, what to do, with a life ahead.

Been in the big business, medium and small business worlds through the years. Many good people in them all, as well as many sharks. Learning to wade among the sharks is a skill they should teach in college. :props:

Nothing however made me as happy as being in business for myself. Can't say I'd ever give up being my own boss for the corporate world. ;)

Maybe you'll end up keeping a few things and hanging around. Nothing helps one wind down after a wild week than spending a Saturday with a cathartic detailing session. :D

Good luck dude!

(Did you put any ads up in places IE CL for your equipment?"

Gen9Rolla
01-16-2014, 09:36 PM
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what any of us say, it's about you and your life and if detailing isn't what you want anymore than best of luck to you in the future! And good luck on the sale as well

Pureshine
01-16-2014, 09:59 PM
I wish you all the best Brandon and hope everything goes well for you :)