PDA

View Full Version : Meg's d300 to correct remove need for dg501?

Marc Hufnagel
01-15-2014, 11:40 PM
If one needs to use d300 Meg's with a mf cutting disc, should there still be a need for a paint cleaner like dg501 or a like product? I would think heavy correction would also in effect 'clean' the surface as well, or am I not thinking along the right train of thought?

Just02896
01-15-2014, 11:50 PM
If one needs to use d300 Meg's with a mf cutting disc, should there still be a need for a paint cleaner like dg501 or a like product? I would think heavy correction would also in effect 'clean' the surface as well, or am I not thinking along the right train of thought?

Compound, polish, LSP. No need to use a paint cleaner if a correction has been done. Between compounding and polishing, the paint will be cleaner than the day it rolled off the dealership lot!
Only time I ever use a cleaner / fine polish is to prep for new LSP.

Marc Hufnagel
01-15-2014, 11:55 PM
I'd most likely use m205 as a fine polish then wipe down with carpro cleaner spray

CM8 6MT
01-15-2014, 11:55 PM
What if correction isn't needed and the paint only needs a good decon and pre-clean before applying a new LSP?

I agree

Theres no need for DG501. Decontaminate with a clay bar or similar product, and compound away. Using DG501 and then using a heavy compound right after would be counter productive. I think I know what your trying to say. Your trying to ask if the paint needs to be "cleaned" as if using a paint cleanser. The answer is no. Unless your paint was in excellent condition, then you would use a paint cleanser before applying your favorite LSP.