PDA

View Full Version : This might be a silly question (regarding Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant)

iBoost
01-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm the new guy around here, so bare with me please.

I'm waiting on a couple more products to show up before I go on a mission of correcting my paint. A quick list of what I'll be using/ have:

Megs 110v2
LC 5" and 3.5" backing plates
LC pads: orange/ white/ blue/ red
WG Twins
WG DGPS
WG DGSS

I haven't picked up a pure carnuba wax yet. (I wont be purchasing Fuzion as I'm not ready to shell out that much money for a wax, I think). I have been reading a lot about topping off the sealant with a wax, and I'm thinking off going down this path with mine. I will be doing 2 coats of DGPS. My confusion is:

If I top off WGDGPS with a pure carnuba wax, does it make sense to still use the WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant after washes?

Should I just not top off with wax and just use WG DGSS?

The reason i ask is because I see it as if the Spritz will bond better to the sealant and strengthen it or help it last longer rather spraying it on a coat of wax?

If anyone can clarify this info I'd appreciate it.

MarkD51
01-15-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm the new guy around here, so bare with me please.

I'm waiting on a couple more products to show up before I go on a mission of correcting my paint. A quick list of what I'll be using/ have:

Megs 110v2
LC 5" and 3.5" backing plates
LC pads: orange/ white/ blue/ red
WG Twins
WG DGPS
WG DGSS

I haven't picked up a pure carnuba wax yet. (I wont be purchasing Fuzion as I'm not ready to shell out that much money for a wax, I think). I have been reading a lot about topping off the sealant with a wax, and I'm thinking off going down this path with mine. I will be doing 2 coats of DGPS. My confusion is:

If I top off WGDGPS with a pure carnuba wax, does it make sense to still use the WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant after washes?

Should I just not top off with wax and just use WG DGSS?

The reason i ask is because I see it as if the Spritz will bond better to the sealant and strengthen it or help it last longer rather spraying it on a coat of wax?

If anyone can clarify this info I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to the Forum iBoost.

If you choose to first use the WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, I would say there really won't be any harm or foul with using either a (high quality) wax, or the Spritz Sealant in any order you choose.

Although I have a myriad of Wolfgang Products on hand, I honestly cannot recall if I have the Spritz Sealant?! LOL I have so much stuff, I should either open my own store, or detail shop!

It is said the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is the most durable product in the WG line so far. It really isn't necessary to top the WG Sealant, and dependent upon waxes used, they may actually detract from some of the sealant's qualities. 3.0 Sealant does produce an ultra slick, high clarity, ultra high gloss candy-like shine.

There's a number of good durable quality Waxes sold here that won't break the bank if you still choose to use a wax. Some that come to mind, would be something like DP MaxWax, or either Collinite #476, #915, or the #845 Insulator Liquid Hybrid Wax.

You should not have any "compatibility" trouble using the Spritz Sealant over a good Wax, or Sealant. Think of the Spritz Sealant as a more durable Detailer Spray.

MarkD51
01-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Wolfgang Fuzion Paste is considered to be a Hybrid, meaning it contains both Natural Carnauba, and Synthetic Polymers as ingredients.

With the description of the WG Spritz Sealant, it is recommended to use it over Fuzion, so I wouldn't see any harm in using the Spritz Sealant over another Hybrid Wax-Synthetic such as Collinite #845 Insulator Wax.

I think Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste is also termed a Hybrid Product as well.
Mark

Coopers ST
03-15-2014, 03:04 PM
If I was to top the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 with Megs #26, how would that look with the spritz sealant? I already have both products and wonder about using them together.

Thanks

MitchLiving
03-15-2014, 04:02 PM
There is a great write-up about the WGDDS vs Meg's 21 sealant you should read that. You will need more pads then that. The pads tend to get hot and you will have to switch from same color pad to same color pad.

Welcome to the forums.