PDA

View Full Version : 2015 gmc canyon

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
01-15-2014, 09:49 AM
https://www.gmc.com/canyon-midsize-pickup-truck.html

Looks like GMC put some thought it this one! On the lots this fall.

natewood70
01-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Man it looks great, should be a great update for the trucks in the midsize market.

I still can't get over how promising the 2015 F-150 looks though! It looks great, has some awesome new features, and supposedly will deliver close to 30 mpg. Hopefully Ford will include a lot of the new features as standard in the new truck so that everyone can enjoy them without shelling out 50k for a pickup.

GenesisCoupe
01-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Looks great!

The F-150 is nice too, and with that MPG who wouldn't want a 'Murican car!?

CowboyTruckn
01-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Don't comprehend the whole mid size trick thing. What's the point? Either get a truck or don't.

natewood70
01-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Don't comprehend the whole mid size trick thing. What's the point? Either get a truck or don't.

I think it comes down to personal preference, and what your needs are. Some people like mid-size trucks just for the fact that they have better gas mileage, the smaller profile, or that the job they need it to do may not necessarily mean they need a full-size truck.

To each their own.

FUNX650
01-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Many people have lost the economic-freedom to purchase full-size pick-ups---and their full-size prices!!

Have consumers, facing this state of "economy", been one of the factors in the sizing of p/u trucks for some OEM's?

Toyota and Nissan: Beware...(Again)?

Bob

A2D Signature
01-15-2014, 12:33 PM
What's the price point? I didn't find any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mksmth
01-15-2014, 12:41 PM
All This drive by wire is getting a little to unsafe in my opinion. Electric steering, really. What happens if that goes out flying down the highway. Can you still turn the wheels? Surely there is still a steering shaft and the steering box is just electric powered and not hydraulic,right.
Other than that it looks pretty good.

Klasse Act
01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Its a great looking truck, apparently its from another market in the world from my understanding. Its also been mentioned before, one might need a truck but not all the size and towing capability. Someone might commute pretty far and only need 4 cylinders pumping in there, edspecially if its got a turbo too.

As far as Ford and their mpg numbers, well they tend to "inflate" things sometimes, see the C-max numbers for instance and issues with the 3.7L Ecoboost power problems, heard/read somewhere its not getting the mpg's its supposed to.

Nice to see we can make great smaller trucks once again, no need to give another segment away!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

PA DETAILER
01-15-2014, 01:16 PM
i will admit, my 10 just felt cheap. and i thought quality was lacking. drove a frontier in the interim, big difference.

EvolutionDetail
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
From the look of this Canyon mid-size, it literally looks about the same size as their full size line up from GMC & Chevy....

I am not a fan of the Canyons design, or the 2015 F150....
Just looks weird on a truck, i much rather enjoy the design they have NOW currently.

But to each of its own.

Also from the looks of the canyon, it looks MUCH bigger than a Tacoma....

GenesisCoupe
01-15-2014, 01:57 PM
I see such Canyon being used as a mobile detailing vehicle. It fits all the stuff inside and in the bed, and can attach a small trailer if necessary without having full size pick up MPG or full size van.

Desertnate
01-15-2014, 02:44 PM

I could see myself getting a mid-size much easier than full size if I was to ever by a truck. I don't need a full size truck to pull a small john boat, haul a few pieces of furniture/lumber, or pull a moderate U-haul trailor. A midsize truck like a Canyon or Tacoma is perfect.

As for the looks of the truck, I'm not feeling it. The massive front end and grill make the truck look very front heavy. Almost if it is going to tip over on the front bumper and leave the back end sticking up in the air.

Andr3wilson
01-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Toyota will finally have to change the Taco to keep up with this! Looks great

A2D Signature
01-15-2014, 05:09 PM
I like the body line and the fender flares, however on the front end, it looks really bulky. The front resembles a Terrain/Acadia Hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk