PDA

View Full Version : Service Contracts. Good Idea or a Bad one?

michaeljcheaney
01-14-2014, 06:33 PM
I landed my first corporate account in my area of Texas today, and they have the potential to be good customers, -Most likely just a wash and quick wax every couple of weeks- but they have 6 vehicles that I am doing tomorrow, and 10 on Friday, not to mention any personal vehicles that I may have the chance to do-
Anyway I was wondering your thoughts about contracts to ensure that I can keep that income coming in on a regular basis...-And lets face it, I would feel better having a regular account signed up for a set period of time-

Pureshine
01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
The only thing I will say is make sure your making decent money when doing this.

Bill1234
01-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I am no lawyer, however I did take a Business law class. Contracts are made through offer and acceptance ie you offer a price for detailing, the client accepts. However, if you ever had to go to court, the judge will ask for the contract, if you have nothing, its basically all heresay

create written contracts when needed and know what both sides are up against

mwoolfso
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
I am no lawyer, however I did take a Business law class. Contracts are made through offer and acceptance ie you offer a price for detailing, the client accepts. However, if you ever had to go to court, the judge will ask for the contract, if you have nothing, its basically all heresay

create written contracts when needed and know what both sides are up against

In some municipalities and states for that matter, many types of verbal contracts are binding.

mwoolfso
01-14-2014, 11:07 PM
I landed my first corporate account in my area of Texas today, and they have the potential to be good customers, -Most likely just a wash and quick wax every couple of weeks- but they have 6 vehicles that I am doing tomorrow, and 10 on Friday, not to mention any personal vehicles that I may have the chance to do-
Anyway I was wondering your thoughts about contracts to ensure that I can keep that income coming in on a regular basis...-And lets face it, I would feel better having a regular account signed up for a set period of time-

Go for it. Just understand that contracts are not a panacea and they need to be actively managed. Start off with small durations and expand them overtime when it makes sense to you.

Romans5.8
01-14-2014, 11:10 PM
In some municipalities and states for that matter, many types of verbal contracts are binding.

They are binding. But it's still a he-said she-said. In court, you have to prove what that binding agreement was. A written, signed contract is pretty hard to refute. A verbal contract is very easy to refute. "I never said that". And if you've got no proof?