PDA

View Full Version : Different types of clay

BrianMcLeod
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
I have seen on here that it seems like a lot of people use the clay towel
Instead of the clay bar what is the difference should I just use a clay towel when I am doing a full correction? And when I wax the car when do I know when to use which type of clay?

CM8 6MT
01-14-2014, 02:37 PM
I have seen on here that it seems like a lot of people use the clay towel
Instead of the clay bar what is the difference should I just use a clay towel when I am doing a full correction? And when I wax the car when do I know when to use which type of clay?

Using a clay towel is just easier than using clay, you can drop it and just rinse it off without having to worry about ruining it like a clay bar. I prefer clay bar myself, in some aspects Im a little old school. However the latest decontaminant products like speedy prep towels or Iron X are much faster ways of achieving what a standard clay bar can do.

As far as correction, you would want to use the appropriate aggresiveness of clay or subsititute product depending on the severity of contaminants found on your paint. Second, when you wax your car after you already clayed your paint, theres no need to clay again. You'd be suprised how long your paint will last smooth & contaminant free with a proper decontamination & maintenance.