PDA

View Full Version : 3 gallon bucket?

jgibson2980
01-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone , I am in the search for some 3 gallon buckets. I called usplastic.com and the ones they sell will not fit a grit guard or that's what they say . The bucket is 11.75"diameter and the grit guard is 10-1/8" diameter , they are saying it needs to be a 12" diameter bucket to fit . So I am wondering if any of my fellow geek know where i can find one that will fit the grit guards . Or if this bucket will work?

jloha312
01-14-2014, 12:17 PM
If you can't find a bucket you might try cutting the grit guard down to a size that will fit the bucket. Maybe make a paper outline of the bottom bucket diameter then overlay on the grit guard and cut it to the appropriate dimension. Offhand I think using plastic cutters should offer the cleanest cut to the plastic.

http://tooltronic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/swanstrom-s55e-super-flush-plastic-cutter-41.jpg

Hoytman
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
I bought several 3 gallon buckets a few months back at Sears in the paint department. The buckets were very nice with foam handles and measurements in gallons and liters marked on the sides. My grit guards fit these buckets great.

However, when I bought them they were on closeout and may no longer be offered, but it would pay to check at your local Sears.

I bought four three gallon buckets, and three five gallon buckets for less than twenty dollars.

Flash Gordon
01-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Walmart had a TON of the Meguiar's 3 gallon buckets last week. You have to buy all the stuff inside though

I get my from my dry cleaners

Harry Da Hamster
01-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Home Depot black 3gal buckets work perfectly!

5gal buckets are way to big for traditional and rinseless washes for a single vehicle.

jgibson2980
01-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Walmart had a TON of the Meguiar's 3 gallon buckets last week. You have to buy all the stuff inside though

They are sold out in my area and not available online .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Flash Gordon
01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
They are sold out in my area and not available online .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Try a dry cleaners. They get their chemicals in 3 gallon buckets. They'll probably be happy to give you as many as you want

Coopers ST
01-14-2014, 05:03 PM

Mine still has a few also, I am waiting to go on sale then I will go get a few.

jgibson2980
01-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Mine still has a few also, I am waiting to go on sale then I will go get a few.

I wish we had some in my area . Would like to have these buckets . I use a lot of their products .

hernandez.art13
01-14-2014, 05:33 PM
I bought my 3 gallon bucket at Home Depot. While the job might not be hard, my 3 gallon bucket is doing it's job :autowash:

Old Tiger
01-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Lowes has great 3 gallon translucent buckets with foam rubber handles. They take a grit guard and a gamma seal with no problems. I love these for rinseless washes.