PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

westy
01-14-2014, 09:32 AM
I have a Pace Edwards Bedlocker on my truck and would like to know whats the best way to protect the powdercoat finish. The only thing I've put on it so far is Showtime detailer but would like to do something that would protect the finish without creating a nightmare between the slats.

Any suggestions?

westy
01-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Wow, 64 views and no suggestions on what to put on my powdercoated aluminum Bedlocker to protect it.

Bummer

HateSwirls
01-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Wish I could help you but no experience in powder coating.
Did you try to google it to get some info?

Good luck!

hernandez.art13
01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Why don't you call AutoGeek Customer Service and see what they would suggest. I would also call Optimum and see if any of there stuff is powder coat safe.

Good Luck,
Art

westy
01-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm sure a good sealant or wax would work just fine since it's in like new condition. I'm just worried about getting wax in between all the slats and spending the rest of my life trying to get it out.

I'll try customer service at AG, since half my salary goes to them anyway.:D

dad07
01-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Powder coating is a very hard coating.......almost bullet proof. It is really a paint in another form so any wax or sealant will help in keeping it look good.

swanicyouth
01-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Powder coating is a very hard coating.......almost bullet proof. It is really a paint in another form so any wax or sealant will help in keeping it look good.

Agree. Treat powder coating like paint - but it's tougher. You can even use a coating like OptiCoat. For a bed - that would be how I'd go about it. Waxing it on my hands and knees sounds like a lot of work, and I'm basically lazy. I'd want to do it once and do it right.

jamesboyy
01-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Since its a painted surface why don't you use a product that don't leave chalky residue like max wax, pinnacle souveran, Pinnacle signature series II, fuzion they are wipe on wipe off, and leave no chalkiness left behind

dad07
01-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Agree. Treat powder coating like paint - but it's tougher. You can even use a coating like OptiCoat. For a bed - that would be how I'd go about it. Waxing it on my hands and knees sounds like a lot of work, and I'm basically lazy. I'd want to do it once and do it right.

Hey Steve! a coating would also work great but the bedlocker is easy to do, its a electric ,retractable tonneau cover made out of powder coated aluminum. These puppies are sweat but bad expensive.........18-2500 bucks.

swanicyouth
01-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Hey Steve! a coating would also work great but the bedlocker is easy to do, its a electric ,retractable tonneau cover made out of powder coated aluminum. These puppies are sweat but bad expensive.........18-2500 bucks.

Oh. I see. It's the top part.

VP Mark
01-18-2014, 09:07 PM
I suggest putting Opti-Coat on it. Do it once and be done.

westy
01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Since its a painted surface why don't you use a product that don't leave chalky residue like max wax, pinnacle souveran, Pinnacle signature series II, fuzion they are wipe on wipe off, and leave no chalkiness left behind

Thanks I have Fuzion so I'll try a test spot.

westy
01-19-2014, 07:03 PM

To right, but they are awesome. I was able to find it online for $1300.00 including rails for my Ram RT and I paid the local dealer $200.00 to install it. The local dealer wanted $2100.00 for the bedlocker and installation.:(