PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar Attatchment

kirkatizer
01-14-2014, 07:24 AM
I recently saw a hook and look pad for your buffer. It says its for clay bar but have never seen anything like it before. Anyone have any experience using their clay with buffers? Doesn't seem to practical in thought. But if it did work I bet its quick! I work part time at a body shop. Over Spray is an issue. Maybe this will speed up my process?

~Kirk

tuscarora dave
01-14-2014, 07:57 AM
was it one of these Nanoskin Autoscrub Medium Foam Pad 4 inch (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-autoscrub-medium-4-inch.html) if so, I use them and love them. They save a ton of time by cutting out most of the rubbing of clay on the car to remove overspray and other contaminates. You will need to follow this process with polish because it does make a bit off marring on the paint.

Mike Phillips
01-14-2014, 07:57 AM
I recently saw a hook and look pad for your buffer. It says its for clay bar but have never seen anything like it before. Anyone have any experience using their clay with buffers? Doesn't seem to practical in thought. But if it did work I bet its quick! I work part time at a body shop. Over Spray is an issue. Maybe this will speed up my process?

~Kirk

You lose the tactical feel for the claying process when you clay by machine. Not that that's a bad thing but when you clay by hand you can "feel" when you've removed the contaminants off a section of paint because instead of dragging the clay will glide effortlessly.

When these pads first came out the clay would drop out of them as soon as you went from a horizontal surface to a vertical surface. Not sure if that's the case now days.

If you want to machine decontaminate get a Nanoskin Autoscrub pad. Like we show here,

1949 Chevy 5-Window Pickup Extreme Makeover - Pictures & Videos (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/pictures-autogeek-s-car-week/69059-1949-chevy-5-window-pickup-extreme-makeover-pictures-videos.html)

:)

kirkatizer
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Yes that's exactly what I had in mind. I enjoy the feel of doing clay by hand, and yes it's probably a better indicator when the surface is clean rather a machine. Just looking into the newer technology to see what it offers. Ill keep the Marring in mind if I decide to purchase this tool. I'll stick to hand application for now. Thanks for the input guys ya'll are awesome!