PDA

View Full Version : Does Optimum car wax spray attract more dust?

pld
01-14-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm debating between DG501 for polish then 601/105 for lsp or Optimum GPS or (hyper polish spray)for polish then Optimum Car Wax spray for lsp. Anyone have experience with this regarding dust with Optimum spray wax?Or any other better combos for a 2013 Dodge Ram Black medium hard clear coat paint with slight swirls? Thank's.

Ranchero 1968
01-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Don't overlook DG 101 as an AIO, DG 501 has a lot of cleaners in it, but DG 101 is a great AIO with polish & cleaning abilities, that looks more like a conventional Carnauba. I have a coat of DG 101 on my Race Red F-150, applied with an LC CCS Green pad, topped with DG 105. You can step up to a white pad if you need a little more cut in the DG 101 polishing step.

Top with DG Aqua Wax (AW) once a month and you will have an outstanding combo. And, there is zero dusting with DG AW.

Nick McKees37
01-14-2014, 08:13 AM
I've never noticed unusual dust attraction with Optimum Car Wax - go for it! :dblthumb2:

KBsToy
01-14-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm debating between DG501 for polish then 601/105 for lsp or Optimum GPS or (hyper polish spray)for polish then Optimum Car Wax spray for lsp. Anyone have experience with this regarding dust with Optimum spray wax?Or any other better combos for a 2013 Dodge Ram Black medium hard clear coat paint with slight swirls? Thank's.

Dust free is hard and for a Dark vehicle even harder. I use GPS then FK 425 as a detailer and have had good luck with this combo IMHO...

pld
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Thank's guys, I'll be using my GG6 with 5.5" LC HT orange polishing pads for applying.

hernandez.art13
01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
I am not sure how much this would apply to you. However, my car is Opti Coated and I also topped it with Optimum Spray Wax. I find my car's paint attracts a lot less dust now. I am not sure if it just the Opti Coat or the combo of both Optimum Spray Wax and Opti Coat, but so far it seems it is a win win combination. Plus After I corrected my car's paint. Well gosh darnit my car has a level of shine, reflection, gloss call it what you want, but it has it and has probably never had this much gloss or been pampered this much, but my car now is and has it.

It is the "shiniest" car on the block. I should call it Jenny (been thinking of a name for her) :D

07gtcs
01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Pinnacle wax attracks a lot of dust. Optimum, not at all

pickles
01-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Pinnacle wax attracks a lot of dust. Optimum, not at all

+1, I was thinking this very same thing as I was scrolling down the topic.

ScottB
01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
I've never noticed unusual dust attraction with Optimum Car Wax - go for it! :dblthumb2:

:iagree:

It offers great looks, but no greasy feeling that might capture dirt or dust.

Chris Thomas
01-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Shouldn't see any change in attraction with OCW

Chris Thomas
info@theultimatecoating.com

FUNX650
01-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Perhaps it's because folks lower jaws become agape
whenever my OCW'ed vehicles go by...
But I've never seen OCW attract any undue amount of dust,
on my vehicles, at all.

:)

Bob

Chris Thomas
01-17-2014, 12:18 AM
I have attracted bees with it cause it smells awesome.

Chris Thomas
info@theultimatecoating.com

xvii
09-18-2014, 09:23 AM
I am not sure how much this would apply to you. However, my car is Opti Coated and I also topped it with Optimum Spray Wax. I find my car's paint attracts a lot less dust now. I am not sure if it just the Opti Coat or the combo of both Optimum Spray Wax and Opti Coat, but so far it seems it is a win win combination. Plus After I corrected my car's paint. Well gosh darnit my car has a level of shine, reflection, gloss call it what you want, but it has it and has probably never had this much gloss or been pampered this much, but my car now is and has it.

It is the "shiniest" car on the block. I should call it Jenny (been thinking of a name for her) :D

How do you corrected your paint?

pld
09-18-2014, 03:56 PM
How do you corrected your paint?
You stand corrected.:iagree: