PDA

View Full Version : Steamer question

Pages : [1] 2

kirkatizer
01-13-2014, 09:30 PM
So I've been researching Carpet Extractors, and Steamers lately. Come Tax Return i'm going to bump up my business and purchase one of these fine tools. I've already made up my mind on going with a Steamer. After reading some old threads and a lot of YouTube I decided to go with Dupray. For their quality and support reasons.

I figured since I already have a quality shop vac w/ (6.5 peak HP) I wouldn't really need the extractor. Plus the Steamers run hotter than the extractors which is nice. The versatility of the Steamer compared to a Extractor are far more beneficial in my opinion. Also have the Tornador hooked up to a 15Gal Compressor.

So I'm stuck on the thought of buying a Dupray Tosca 995$, or the Hill Injection 2299$. That's a 1,304$ difference for 49+Psi, Continuous Refill, 29°+ Hotter Steam, And Hot Water Injection. I'm just curious to how well the Hill Injection outperforms the Tosca in the detailer's eye. I'm not trying to be cheap by any means. I'm just trying to save some cash if the Tosca can do the same job just as good/easily. I know a couple things that 1,305$ could buy :).

Hope I can gain some clarity from this. Still like the sound of the +49 Psi, and Hot Water Injection. But is it an essential worth an extra 1,305?

Ready, Go! Feed back please

kirkatizer
01-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Decided to go with the Hill Injection. Thanks!

Father87
01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Sweet! The only major benefit I think with those specs listed is the continuous refill, show us vids when you get it!

TopThatDetail
01-14-2014, 06:31 PM
If you haven't bought it yet .. Check out the vc4000c $1095 and is continuous

mallic
01-28-2014, 02:10 PM
@Kirkatizer...can you share your experience with Dupray? as I am also interested to but this unit...appreciate Feed back please

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-28-2014, 02:44 PM
I have the Dupray Tosca and it's a beast with an awesome warranty and I haven't had a single problem with it.

It's PSI is plenty for interior detailing. Refilling usually takes 15-20 minutes and if you start with a full machine you can generally do an entire interior (steaming everything, including carpets and mats) in one fill up. I don't think it's worth twice the price to save 15-20 minutes once in a while, just find something else to do during that time if it does happen (it's rare for me). Just be smart about it, if you are going to use it for the exterior as well then just re-fill it after washing and by the time you're done drying and ready to use it on the interior you're good to go.

It drastically speeds up your details and you'll end up using less chemicals as well.

Pureshine
01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I have the Dupray Tosca and it's a beast with an awesome warranty and I haven't had a single problem with it.

It's PSI is plenty for interior detailing. Refilling usually takes 15-20 minutes and if you start with a full machine you can generally do an entire interior (steaming everything, including carpets and mats) in one fill up. I don't think it's worth twice the price to save 15-20 minutes once in a while, just find something else to do during that time if it does happen (it's rare for me). Just be smart about it, if you are going to use it for the exterior as well then just re-fill it after washing and by the time you're done drying and ready to use it on the interior you're good to go.

It drastically speeds up your details and you'll end up using less chemicals as well.

:iagree:

MNDSMtuner96
01-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I will be in the market for a steamer soon also and I have been pretty sold on the Vapor Systems Vx5000. Any thoughts/experience with this one?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

armyguy
01-29-2014, 10:00 PM
I just got my VX5000 in today and have been messing with it. I really like it. I don't have any experience with other steamers but this one does seem a little wet, not horrible, even with the water feature turned off. I have read that turning up the PSI helps dry it out. Other than that it seems solid.

MNDSMtuner96
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Awesome. Keep us updated!
Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

BlkHemiLTD
01-29-2014, 11:51 PM
You wont be sorry. Dupray isnt the only one who sells the tecnovap steamers but when I was shopping around and talking to all of them Dupray was by far the most personable. They answered all my questions and never once bashed any competitor they just laid out facts without any sales pressure at all. After that conversation I was sold. Now that I use my Tosca all the time I can't imagine not having it. The Tosca is the only steamer I have any experience with (besides a very small shark one years ago) and so far it always impresses me. Whenever I decide to upgrade no question I'll be looking at Dupray first.

ngonzi
01-23-2015, 08:54 PM
How do you like your hill injection. I'm really close to ordering one

ALLN1WASH
01-23-2015, 11:04 PM
I personally have not had any experience with the dupray steamers. However, I'm on my third steamer in the past 5 years and I think I finally have one that's in the game for the long haul. After my first two went out on me, I decieded to step my game up and purchased a vx5000. Let me tell ya, this darn thing is awesome. Several attachment and a large enough tank to do pretty much any vehicle without having to refill. They're actually on sale right now for about 700 buck and with the money you'd save, you could also purchase an extractor. If it were me, I'd get the vx5000 and the mytee lite all for around 1600 bucks. And trust me, I don't care what anyone else says, you need both if you're objective is to perform the ultimate detail. Jmo.

armyguy
01-24-2015, 12:53 AM
I ended up selling my VX5000. it's a good steamer but I wasn't happy with the water injection. The steam tank did last a long time for being Non continous fill. For the money, I don't think it can be beat. Build quality is good and PSI was good once I turned it up. I bought the Dupray Hill Injection about a month or two ago. It is night and day in every department over the VX5000. It also is $1300 more. it is more compact due to the shape. it comes with a very nice carrying bag that stores everything, including the steamer. The pressure difference is instantly noticeable, but like the vx5000 it loses pressure pretty quick. The injection feature is awesome and literally squirts out a small stream of boiling water. Another big thing I noticed right away was the quality of attachments are a lot better build quality. I also really like the continuous fill. One other thing is the Hill Injection is at full heat in 7 minutes vs the vx5000 that takes 15-20 minutes.

Bottom line is the vx5000 is a great machine for the money. Probably the best machine under $1000. If you want the best and don't have a budget, the Hill Injection is the way to go.

ngonzi
01-24-2015, 02:57 PM
I was thinking about running a wet vac at the same time I'm steaming carpets and holding the steamer and vac to mimic a extractor. Anyone every try this. Maybe using the hot water injection if needed