PDA

View Full Version : bored, went through a touchless wash today

stilltipping3
01-13-2014, 05:40 PM
I Don't Know Why But Today, I went through a touchless car wash. It was fun. Still after all the bs, I will say not bad for a spray. Then I fixed her up after with a second spray wax.

FUNX650
01-13-2014, 06:14 PM
You...You...You demented maniac!!

Bob

mswerb
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
I went through one the other day to get the salt off of my daily driver and was quite impressed with the outcome.

HateSwirls
01-13-2014, 07:11 PM
You just couldn't stand looking at your car dirty couldn't you? Lol

CM8 6MT
01-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Touchless car washes often use harsh chemicals to wash your car. They have the potential to damage and dry out your rubber seals. Once in a while shouldnt hurt though.

Andr3wilson
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Lol heavily basic butyl based presoak followed by a high salt soap spray down then a synthetic gloss enhancing spray... Far from wax safe lol

CM8 6MT
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Lol heavily basic butyl based presoak followed by a high salt soap spray down then a synthetic gloss enhancing spray... Far from wax safe lol

I agree

silverfox
01-14-2014, 05:39 AM
I have used both DG 105 and the CQUK coating during winter months on my own car and used my local touchless car wash exclusively during the heart of winter months without any degradation of the LSP. Waxes I cannot speak for because I no longer have any use for them.

All touchless car washes are not treated equal so making any general statements about them is misleading. The one I use does two foam passes, one HP rinse, and a wicked blow dryer that vibrates the car. I don't use the wax option and my coating is all I need.

On a side note CQUK is a fantastic product. I can't even get my foam canon soaps to stick to it long enough to get much benefit as it sheets the foam off rather quickly.

I think having that coating is why the touchless car wash works so well on my car without any fear of hurting it. I've seen no degradation whatsoever in the coating over the last 9 months. I'm not joking when I say nothing sticks to it and washing it even with just a foam canon takes off 95% of everything before I even touch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

KBsToy
01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
I use touchless ever once in a while because it cleans the undercarriage also. The most important reason is that I don`t hear my wife complain about getting salt on her coat when around car.

GenesisCoupe
01-14-2014, 08:34 AM
You...You...You demented maniac!!

Bob

:xyxthumbs:

Klasse Act
01-14-2014, 08:37 AM
The touch-free also gets into all the cracks and crevices too, along with the underbody but remember, you've gotta buy the wash w/ underbody wash though, they all don't come with that.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

jfelbab
01-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm a long time user of Touchless throughout the winter seasons, usually weekly to remove the salt and get the underbody flushed. I run it home and do a UQD followed by a UQW and come along spring, four months later, the car is still beading profusely so the protection is intact. Whether it is from the original ULW or the repeated ULW applications I can't say but I always have the cleanest and shiniest car in the parking lot and I see no damage to the paint, trim or rubber. I've been basically doing this for many years and feel it is better for the car than leaving the salt to corrode and mar the car. They may use harsh detergents but they also do a really good rinse. The detergents have never removed my LSP as evidenced the extremely tight beading.

So all that said, the touchless cleaning process often leaves a thin film of dirt which is why I immediately follow the wash with UQD and UQW. The touchless does not clean as well as a hand wash but I'm the only one I trust to do a hand wash of my vehicles. When the weather is too cold, the touchless is the second best alternative that won't cause marring.