PDA

View Full Version : Megs UC/ #1

Bicycle
01-12-2014, 10:33 PM
What is the difference between UC and #1? I see a lot of you guys using UC but not much on the other product.
Saw them side by side on shelf at Autozone and just got to wondering.
Thanks

aim4squirrels
01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
UC is a SMAT based polish/compound. Megs #1 is a DAT based product and must be worked through its full cycle.

UC is more fool proof for the average consumer.

FUNX650
01-13-2014, 12:39 AM
To add:

M01 is recommended to be used with a rotary.
UC...by hand/DA.

Bob

cardaddy
01-13-2014, 01:54 AM
to add:

Uc...by hand/da.

Bob

this!

HateSwirls
01-13-2014, 06:38 AM
Ha.

You beat me to it Bob:)

Yep 01 is only to be used with a rotary , I have some myself.
A little outdated though.

To add:

UC...by hand/DA.

Bob

lawrenceSA
01-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Forgive the hijack, but can someone please explain why certain polishes are recommended for use only with a rotary?

Is this because the abrasives require additional 'power' to break down? If so, how would this logic apply, if at all, to SMAT based products, where (my understanding is) they abrasives don't actually break down?

Thanks in advance

Desertnate
01-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Forgive the hijack, but can someone please explain why certain polishes are recommended for use only with a rotary?

Is this because the abrasives require additional 'power' to break down? If so, how would this logic apply, if at all, to SMAT based products, where (my understanding is) they abrasives don't actually break down?

Thanks in advance

I think it not only has to do with the ammount of friction or "power" a rotary has over a DA, but I think it also has something to do with the additional heat generated by a rotary. The extra heat and friction may make the products break down in a different way.