PDA

View Full Version : I hate winter...

Pages : [1] 2

Romans5.8
01-12-2014, 06:24 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/819/9crk.jpg

This is what my car looked like after a jaunt down a soupy gravel road! Ugh!

PA DETAILER
01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
I'll second that. PA winters are harsh on a vehicle! only good thing are the sales. Good time to stock up for spring.....

dcjredline
01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
I would have to agree with you!!

Sent from my Z665C using AG Online

Just02896
01-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Yep, winter is quite depressing once the holidays have passed!

Romans5.8
01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Although, to be honest, this is actually more of a 'spring' problem even though it's not spring. Unseasonably warm temps followed by tons of rain melting 15" of snow we got last week means everything is wet, muddy, and slushy as the sand, grit, and salt mixes with the melt and rain water (plus, gravel roads are nothing but a soupy mess)

This is NOT accumulated dirt though. It was clean this morning. And it's clean now. I wash almost daily depending on the weather (If it's bitterly cold I don't) this time of year. Generally a waterless wash, but after today, it was a coin-op followed by waterless.

PA DETAILER
01-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Yep, winter is quite depressing once the holidays have passed!

LOL... Sad, but so true. Seems like dead space and depressing till spring. Have pay out of sick time not used next check. (24 hours). Birthday is the 19th. (took monday off to make it a 3-day weekend). And waiting for a $100 gift card from work, that i turn in for cash. And have a big box unopened yet, of one the great 20% off sales of detail stuff for spring.

FUNX650
01-12-2014, 07:03 PM
This is what my car looked like after a jaunt down a soupy gravel road! Ugh!
There surely must have been some very important business to attend to,
for you to have to take this soupy jaunt...and: At this time of the year!!

Reminds me of having vehicles look this soupy-way when we would go down the back-roads on a:
High-speed, pilsner-pilfering peregrination.

But, then again: That was only when "Ed Speedwell" would be out of town.

Bob

Romans5.8
01-12-2014, 07:05 PM
There surely must have been some very important business to attend to,
for you to have to take this soupy jaunt...and: At this time of the year!!

Reminds me of having vehicles look this soupy-way when we would go down the back-roads on a:
High-speed, pilsner-pilfering peregrination.

But, then again: That was only when "Ed Speedwell" would be out of town.

Bob

Well when you live in a rural area dirty and poorly maintained roads are just a reality. But, I did promise to take my nephew out to the shooting range so he could sight in his new .22 he got for Christmas. There's a conservation shooting range near my home. Free, in excellent shape, outdoor. Beautiful day for it, too. But it's down a gravel road in a conservation area!

runrun411
01-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Hope you used a good sealant.

Romans5.8
01-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Hope you used a good sealant.

Couple coats of DP sealant topped with Megs M26 wax. Will likely go the coating route in the spring.

It happens. I know seeing this makes some of you city-dwelling temperate-climate living folks cringe, but it's my daily driver and living in the midwest, and living in a rural area, it's just a reality. It's that, or don't go anywhere. Even the paves roads are in horrible shape, covered in nastiness (salt, sand, rocks, dirt) mixed with moisture. My car is dirty at the end of every day.

Klasse Act
01-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Although we all hate winter and how our cars look, it is nice to do a rinseless wash, either way and enjoy what's underneath all that....your clean and more importantly, protected car and its nice to see it after days and sometimes weeks of winter grime. This is where having the best products on your car come into play, it inspires confidence in all this crap and really, really makes clean up soooooo easy!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Docpeanut
01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Look at the bright side, you now have a custom 2 tone paint job

swanicyouth
01-12-2014, 08:09 PM
I hate it too. This year the weather seems especially cold and bad. It's boring and quite honestly kind of depressing for me. It seems to constantly go from cold snow to warm rain here in PA.

NYV6Coupe
01-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Let me tell you a story about how abrasive the salt & junk on your car really is ........

I live in WNY and back in the Bills' Superbowl years people around here were prone to doing this kind of nonsense. We were walking out of work & this guy had a dark blue full size Chevy covered in salt & he thought he was being a wise guy when he used his gloved (maybe mittens??) hand to write "GO BILLS" on the side of his car.

In the spring you could still see "GO BILLS" was still there, it was so obvious Steve Wonder could see it.

Romans5.8
01-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Let me tell you a story about how abrasive the salt & junk on your car really is ........

I live in WNY and back in the Bills' Superbowl years people around here were prone to doing this kind of nonsense. We were walking out of work & this guy had a dark blue full size Chevy covered in salt & he thought he was being a wise guy when he used his gloved (maybe mittens??) hand to write "GO BILLS" on the side of his car.

In the spring you could still see "GO BILLS" was still there, it was so obvious Steve Wonder could see it.

That's why it comes off ASAP and the paint has a protective barrier on it!

Although this was not "salt and junk", this was just dirt and grit from a soupy, muddy gravel road.

Evidence of it's corrosiveness is in the huge number of cars with rusty quarter panels and wheel wells around here!