PDA

View Full Version : wet glaze 2.0 alternative ?

Pages : [1] 2

hawaiian5
01-11-2014, 10:20 PM
What would be a good alternative to wg 2.0. Alternative meaning as close to being identical. Also acrylic based. Something that can ho under blackfire wet diamond sealant. I'm after the wettest look possible. My steps include the following

Bf src compound
Bf src polish
Menzerna 4500
Bf gep..I couldn't remove this at all. Really hard.
Bf wet diamond
Auto finesse illusion wax

Looking to replace Bf gep because no matter how little or a lot that I use, I can't remove it unless I buff with compound. Even if I try to wipe it off within a minute. I was using a red pad on a pc. Thx for any help.

Radarryan
01-11-2014, 10:54 PM
I have seen people write about replacing Wet Glaze with the Chemical Guys offerings of glazes. I believe they have an acrylic one that many like.

I haven't tried either, so I can't comment, but this is what I have been reading around the forum.

Happy detailing!

allenk4
01-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I like EZ-Glaze on black paint

I have used it with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant over it

hawaiian5
01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Yeah. I been reading a lot about that to. Xmt seems really good also, but I read that you cant top it with a sealant.

swanicyouth
01-12-2014, 12:10 AM
What would be a good alternative to wg 2.0. Alternative meaning as close to being identical. Also acrylic based. Something that can ho under blackfire wet diamond sealant. I'm after the wettest look possible. My steps include the following

Bf src compound
Bf src polish
Menzerna 4500
Bf gep..I couldn't remove this at all. Really hard.
Bf wet diamond
Auto finesse illusion wax

Looking to replace Bf gep because no matter how little or a lot that I use, I can't remove it unless I buff with compound. Even if I try to wipe it off within a minute. I was using a red pad on a pc. Thx for any help.

From my limited experience with GEP & WG PPE using a DA, I can tell you I had the same issue as you. Both were HARD to wipe off and just were smeary. After that, I just used them by hand and they worked fine. At the time my assumption was I used too much.

Did you prime your pad? Because that is where I think I went wrong. If I had to use them via DA again, I would use a few pea size dots on an unprimed pad with a spritz of WG Spritz Sealant or similar. By hand they work fine. I don't think the products have sufficient sustainable lubrication in them to use them via machine easily. But that is just my experience from the one time I tried them by machine.

If I was you, I would check out Prima Amigo. It's a paint cleaner and a glaze in one. It's extremely easy to use and wipe off and leaves a nice slick glossy surface. You can use it with a multitude of pads and working time to change the cut. That stuff I swear by.

I heard something is going on with Prima though as a company. Dunno.

hawaiian5
01-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I been eyeing prima amigo and pb blackhole. Just wanna make sure I can top it with Bf wet diamond.

swanicyouth
01-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Amigo is meant to be topped with a polymer sealant. That is what Prima makes.

silverfox
01-12-2014, 08:30 AM
If go with PB black hole as first choice. Amigo as second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Dogfather
01-12-2014, 08:46 AM
The Ultimate Glaze Showdown - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/paint-correction-gloss-enhancement/43787-ultimate-glaze-showdown.html?highlight=glaze+comparison)

Here's a good comparo.

I hope it's ok to provide link. I assume it's one big happy family.

Meticulous-Detail
01-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Obsessive Detail Wet Shine Glaze

HateSwirls
01-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I bought CG'S EZ Cream Glaze and never looked back.
It removes so easy and no need to let it haze over,apply and wipe off right away if you like, myself I prefer applying it to the entire car then buff off, still easy to remove and the price is good.

It will give you an amazing shine, I use it everytime I do a full wash:)

swanicyouth
01-12-2014, 11:18 AM
The great thing about Amigo that the others don't have is that it does multiple things at once. It cleans paint and can lay down a glaze at the same time. So, it removes your old LSP and can do some minor correction.

By combining these two steps, it can save you time and effort.

silverfox
01-12-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't think you can ever under estimate the importance of cleaning the paint if you aren't going to use a dedicated polish. That's a huge plus for Amigo.

The other glazes are ok after you've polished recently but for a spring time or fall spruce up ( on paint in good shape) Amigo is a great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

hawaiian5
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Thx for all the help. Think I'm gonna try ODWSG.

hawaiian5
01-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Or maybe I'll just buy one of each and try them out to see what works best.