PDA

View Full Version : Playing with my new Rupes 21 today!

Pages : [1] 2

MshawnBauer
01-11-2014, 08:52 PM
So I opti-coated my car last summer. It was my first opti coat experience and I don't think I applied enough product OR let it dry enough before leveling out the high spots. Anywho, with Iowa winters and no time I gave into a few auto car washes and poor washing ( just to get the salt off the car) and guess what! I had a hot mess . Swirls, marking the whole package. It was making me cringe just looking at it. So, I decided to wash the car today and test drive the Rupes! I washed, dried, used a yellow foam pad on the Rules with optimum final polish and in 1 pass, ONE pass I had approx +90% correction! The rules was smooth, the handle position was fantastic, It had plenty of power and I did the polish followed by a coat of reload in 90 minutes! Amazing machine! 24623

MshawnBauer
01-11-2014, 08:55 PM

2old2change
01-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Great choice on machines. It will only get better. :)

TundraPower
01-11-2014, 10:18 PM
The 21 is a beast. I have long lost count how many vehicles I have corrected with it. It could start on fire tomorrow and still have paid for itself many times over. I've been working with the 75E mini and the Duetto the last few weeks. Just wonderful machines as well.

Just02896
01-11-2014, 10:27 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting my Rules mini! Mine is still on pre-order status! :-(

TundraPower
01-12-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting my Rules mini! Mine is still on pre-order status! :-(

Pre-order? I got mine weeks ago. Weird must be on back order. No matter, you will enjoy it my friend. Like a Griots Garage 3" that's nuclear powered. Try Rupes Blue pad with Scholl Concepts S3 Gold. Just stupid easy and great results.

MshawnBauer
01-12-2014, 11:31 PM
This machine has completely blown mind! So comfortable, simple to get great results-FAST, it's amazing. I have a porter cable and griots machine I may never use again, lol

hernandez.art13
01-13-2014, 12:11 AM
The porter cable still has a place in my heart. I like it for headlight restoration and sanding repaints etc...

The Rupes kicks a lot of buzzom though, have you tried the Ghost Rider with the Rupes Mshawn? :D

ycdriveclean
01-13-2014, 01:44 AM
When our refund comes back, me and my wife are considering a rupes21 or flex. It gets more confusing the more you look into both machines ha

MshawnBauer
01-13-2014, 06:20 AM
The porter cable still has a place in my heart. I like it for headlight restoration and sanding repaints etc...

The Rupes kicks a lot of buzzom though, have you tried the Ghost Rider with the Rupes Mshawn? :D

I agree, I can't let go of my PC, it was my first real buffer, lol. The Griots if definitely gone. As for the Ghost Rider, I don't know what that is? Do tell!

MshawnBauer
01-13-2014, 06:34 AM
When our refund comes back, me and my wife are considering a rupes21 or flex. It gets more confusing the more you look into both machines ha

I went back and forth with the Rupes and the Flex as well. I must have looked at hundreds of comparisons and YouTube vids. It's a tough decision. I found more reviews claiming the Rupes was the future, changed the standard, fastest correction machine, etc. so I just went for it. I like new technology also and the Ruoes is a bit newer than the flex. good luck what ever you decide, they're both great machines. I don't regret my choice one single bit (if that helps)

Mike Phillips
01-13-2014, 07:58 AM
I found more reviews claiming the Rupes was the future, changed the standard, fastest correction machine, etc. so I just went for it.

Marco D'Inca shared a Power Point Presentation at this year's Mobil Tech Expo 2014 in Todd Helm's class and gave me a copy of this presentation.

It has some slides that are very interesting to see as well as show how and how the oscillation action of the Rupes polisher is better than the rotating action of a rotary buffer and the oscillating action of the Flex 3401.

The diagrams are very convincing in the side show presentation and I'm a big fan of the Rupes polishers, especially the Duetto but that said you still have to perfect your technique when using these types of tools on curved panels.

:)

Evan.J
01-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Marco D'Inca shared a Power Point Presentation at this year's Mobil Tech Expo 2014 in Todd Helm's class and gave me a copy of this presentation.

It has some slides that are very interesting to see as well as show how and how the oscillation action of the Rupes polisher is better than the rotating action of a rotary buffer and the oscillating action of the Flex 3401.

The diagrams are very convincing in the side show presentation and I'm a big fan of the Rupes polishers, especially the Duetto but that said you still have to perfect your technique when using these types of tools on curved panels.

:)
:iagree:

I think that key point gets overlooked with these machines. Yes they work great but they are not magic machines and its very important to have the proper technique when using the Rupes.

ski2
01-13-2014, 10:08 AM
The 21 is a beast. I have long lost count how many vehicles I have corrected with it. It could start on fire tomorrow and still have paid for itself many times over. I've been working with the 75E mini and the Duetto the last few weeks. Just wonderful machines as well.

What are your impressions of the Duetto compared to the 21?? In my case seems like the 15 is the way to go since it's only $30 more.

TundraPower
01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
What are your impressions of the Duetto compared to the 21?? In my case seems like the 15 is the way to go since it's only $30 more.

The Duetto does not correct nearly as fast as the 21. It has only 12mm of orbit compared to 21mm. Duetto is very similar to the 15 but spins much faster.