PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing

AeroCleanse
01-10-2014, 10:11 PM
What is the longest lasting tire dressing? I was looking at GTechniq T1 and Ultima's offering as well as Polish Angel Honey.

spiralout462
01-10-2014, 10:37 PM
I have no experience with it but judging by reviews Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat looks very hard to beat durability wise.

PRicci09
01-10-2014, 11:18 PM
The longest would probably be Tuf Shine tire coating. But if your looking at dressings probably Ultima trim and tire guard.

Andr3wilson
01-10-2014, 11:51 PM
You will see 1-3 weeks from honey (before it looses it's gloss) depending on weather and conditions. Garaged queen, easy 2-3 months

PiPUK
01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
It really does depend on conditions. I have had the same dressing on a garaged car for 2 and a half years and the gloss remains. That needs qualified by the fact that the car has done only about 5k miles and only exposed to rain when I haven't paid close enough attention to the weather forecast.

Now that I have typed that, it is really just confirming what most of us already know - durability claims are only as good as the conditions they are tested in!

rjd598
01-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Seriously the real answer is tuff tire shine and any other recommendations for "the longest lasting tire shine" is just going to create pages upon pages. Mine is going 5 months strong on one application...

HateSwirls
01-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Tuf Shine all the way:)

A friend of mine who lives in WA. applied it to her tires 3 months ago.
Being its been cold and raining there she hasn't been able to wash her car but last weekend she did.
She got a little aggressive with the tires using Simple Green and a stiff brush, she cleaned them four times, let them dry and took pictures of them.
She text me some shots and man was I shocked, the tires looks as good as the day she applied the Tuf Shine, still shining, they look awesome.
Not many, if any could compare to TS.

goldendodo19
01-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Tuf shine. Been on for two months through the snow and rain. Cleans up easily and still looks new. Plus the time savings on cleaning and dressing tires makes my wash go a bit faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FUNX650
01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Infinity Shield...For the Win!!

I believe their long-lasting tire shine was on the market before Tuf Shine's.

:)

Bob

AeroCleanse
01-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Thanks for all info, looks like I'm going to be getting some TufShine