PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber

Stevelsd
01-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Being new I am researching like a big dog! :)
I have watched most of the How To information (thanks Autogeek!). I am still a little concerned on a few things.

I was looking at bulk purchase of Microfiber towels on Amazon for use on the car exclusively. The price looks great and some Amazon commenters even mention that these towels do not scratch the paint and are safe on cars while others mention they are not safe.

Can I be safe purchasing these bulk towels or do I have to buy only top quality more expensive towels. I would like to save a few dollars but not risk swirls or scratches.

Feed back please

thanks
Stevelsd

Just02896
01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
NEVER skimp on the quality of the MF towels you plan to use on your paint!
The cheaper all purpose MF towels work just fine on pretty much everything other than paint!

These are great for buffing, polishing, and removing LSP and are only $12.99 for 3! Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html)
I've been using them for a while now and they are very plush and are great quality for the cost! I have 30-35 of them in my arsenal.

Kenny94
01-09-2014, 10:12 AM
I've ordered several different MF (Microfiber cloth /towels) from Amazon. The keyword here is "bulk" you're not going to find a good quality towel in bulk purchases at Amazon. To be used for paint.

I use the bulk MF from Amazon on my chrome wheels to clean my hands and other non-paint related. For paint waxing and polishing. I use Miracle Towel and/or The Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel.

For rinseless washing, I use The Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth.

When it comes to spray detailers, I use The Gold Plush Microfiber Towels.

I'm far from being a professional detailer, but all the studying and talking and working with sealants, wax and compounds
and so forth. Most professional detailers have three to four groups for their MF. It's one of the important tools that is used in detailing.