PDA

View Full Version : detailing product and pads on c320

sadler
01-09-2014, 02:19 AM
ok so trying to gain info on products to use on my 2003 c320, It seems to have light scratches every were from them automatic washes. so here is my list i need so clarification on.

flex da, Wg Uber compound but may only need wg swirl remover? with ccs orange pad or white to test which one works. THen white pad with wg glaze and Wg sealant with gold pad? will gold be good for the sealant or should i get red? and to top it all off Wg fuzion wax with gold or red? just confused on pads, i know when i start to test with the wg swirl remover cause it might just do the trick and no need for the more aggressive Wg Uber compound right? white pad first if not the orange. also can i use a 5inch pad on the A pilers by windshield or will i have to do by hand?

sadler
01-09-2014, 03:09 AM
wg swirl with white or orange, wg glaze with white or black , selant with black ,gold or red , wg fuzion red pad?

HateSwirls
01-09-2014, 06:44 AM
The Über would finish down for you very well, you'll notice that it's close enough to skip the second step but of course you'll want to follow through.
If only light scratches it should remove them very easy.
Start with the least aggressive pad you have and work to more aggressive if needed.

Just02896
01-09-2014, 09:45 AM
ok so trying to gain info on products to use on my 2003 c320, It seems to have light scratches every were from them automatic washes. so here is my list i need so clarification on.

flex da, Wg Uber compound but may only need wg swirl remover? with ccs orange pad or white to test which one works. THen white pad with wg glaze and Wg sealant with gold pad? will gold be good for the sealant or should i get red? and to top it all off Wg fuzion wax with gold or red? just confused on pads, i know when i start to test with the wg swirl remover cause it might just do the trick and no need for the more aggressive Wg Uber compound right? white pad first if not the orange. also can i use a 5inch pad on the A pilers by windshield or will i have to do by hand?

WG products will work just fine. Personally, I would use Menzerna FG400 and then polish out with SF4000 for that wet gloss. Then apply WGDGPS and drop jaw! LOL
You should be fine on the windshield pillars with your DA and 5" pad. I dont see any trim on either side in your picture. Just take it slow and use light pressure until you achieve desired results.

sadler
01-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I know to do test spots and i am buying both the swirl and compound. If i am correct compounds are more Aggressive than a swirl removers right?I keep reading about wg products and there made by menzerna but the wg just breaks down a lot easier right to make it more safe? There is shiney black trim all around windows but i will tape everything up just because i am a perfectionist or at least i try to be.