PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Matte Black Wheels

RobertJ34
01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Was looking to see the best way to clean Matte Black Wheels safely?

Currently, I simply hit with foam gun and use microfiber to clean it, then follow with Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer & Spray Sealant.

I clean them weekly, so I don't have an absurd amount of buildup at all, but just looking for something new, possibly.

Thanks!

arisking
01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
I used Sonax on mine for break dust, followed by a quick detailer and they turned out to great. Still a matte finish.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-07-2014, 05:57 PM
CG Signature Series wheel cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FUNX650
01-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Was looking to see the best way to clean Matte Black Wheels safely?

Currently, I simply hit with foam gun and use microfiber to clean it, then follow with Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer & Spray Sealant.

I clean them weekly, so I don't have an absurd amount of buildup at all, but just looking for something new, possibly.

Thanks!
If you're satisfied with the results this method and products are "working safely" to produce:
Why change for the sake of changing?

:dunno:

Bob

RobertJ34
01-07-2014, 06:39 PM
If you're satisfied with the results this method and products are "working safely" to produce:
Why change for the sake of changing?

:dunno:

Bob

Valid point, guess I was looking to see if anything may have been a better option. Just looking to learn more.

FUNX650
01-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Valid point, guess I was looking to see if anything may have been a better option. Just looking to learn more.
OK...
Look to matte-products by Nanolex, Swissvax, Dr. Beasley's for safe cleaning/protection.

:)

Bob

artofdetailing
01-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I used Sonax on mine for break dust, followed by a quick detailer and they turned out to great. Still a matte finish.

Be Careful. I have a client who was washing his car in the sun and let the Sonax FE stay on too long. It etched into the powder coating.