PDA

View Full Version : Review: Wolfgang Tire Dressing, AW, & New White MF's

ricka
07-01-2007, 08:21 PM
unbiased reviews are my favorite posts on the forum so figured i'd throw my 2 cents in on the wolfgang black diamond tire gel, DG Aquawax 951 and the new White MF towels...

wolfgang black diamond tire gel
got this as a sample from the generous meghan (big thanks). interesting appearance after using the mequiar's high endurance tire gel. much more muted than meguiar's glossy finish--giving off a very matte look. one big plus is no sling off. the meguiar's slings like crazy unless you wipe off. wolfgang goes on easy--its a thin dressing. for a better look i decided to put on a 2nd coat. it does get absorbed into the tire (wait an hour for curing) unlike the meguiar's so probably protects the rubber. since it's rained for 40 days/nights in the dallas area i'll see next about the durability. if you like a glossier finish (i haven't decided which appeals to me more) you may want another product. however, i'd give the wolfgang a thumbs up.

DG Aquawax #951
i'm normally a big liquid souveran buff with its application ease and warm shine. after reading all the positive posts, decided to give it a go. the posts are correct; its very good. applied on a dry surface. excellent shine (even on metallic silver) and beads great. easy to apply--make sure no more than two spritzes per panel. one mf to apply, another to buff off. once the mf is damp, its easier to spread. i find its similar in slickness to the LS and equal in durability. it even looks fantastic on the clear coated wheels. i'll continue applying after car washes. it also gave me the "i wannas" for the DG #921 fast clean and shine spray since it gets raves in here as well. no sealant buildup and i want to compare it to my beloved DP 4-1 as a qd'r.

DP Total Interior Cleaner
hard to tell on this one. my interior is pretty clean already. cut 1:1 and spraying onto an mf and spreading did leave a nice clean matte finish and no wierd glossy residue. used the white mf to see how much dirt came up--zero (i need to try it on my bride's soccer bus suburban--yuk!). even wiped down the leather seats but now need a recommendation on a good interior and leather protectant. i read that 303 is good (even on leather?) or poorboys.

New White Satin MF towels
very soft with a low cut pile on one side and a plush on the other. my favorite characteristic is the color. white is excellent to locate dirt. was working in the garage and kicked up some dust. an experiment broke out during a quick qd with the white vs. the blue cobra. the cobra showed no dust on it while the white easily displayed a noticeable amount. for the finicky detailer wanting to make sure nothing is on the paint before sealing or waxing, the white satin mf is a winner.

cheers...

pt91
07-01-2007, 08:44 PM
If you are looking for a leather conditioner, DG makes a nice one.
I also like and use WG tire dressing. I am not a fan of the greasy, glossy tire look.

ricka
07-02-2007, 12:28 PM
oh, i didn't notice the banana scent from the dp total interior cleaner some have mentioned in here. more of a chemical smell but it did dissipate fairly quickly.

soonermike
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah the white MF's are the bomb! The 2 differents cuts are great to have on one towel. Wipe off with one side and polish with the other

alban61
07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the reviews, Ricka! Makes me wanna go and spray some DG AW on my car right now!

pirex
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the review :D I have ordered the mf towels to! Can`t wait now! Thanks again!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm really interested in your comparison of DG WA#951 and liquid souveran, especially the comment on durability.

How long has it been on the paint, would you still agree that AW and LS are tit for tat?

Just wondering because I have LS on my list of items to try and if they are that "neck n' neck" LS will be moved down a little... still on the list just moved down.

ricka
07-02-2007, 07:39 PM
i'll give you a better idea after the latest rainstorms. i will say the beading on the aw is incredible and the water flies off the paint when driving. to me and others on here there's a slight difference between souveran and aw shines. to me, the aw is a higher gloss shine while the souveran as a carnuba is a little deeper and a warmer glow. both are great and glad i have the two to play with. the next step is souveran topped by aw. then again for what its worth my paint is silver metallic so its possible i don't know squat. i do know the aw is a quicker lfs after a typical car wash though.

ricka
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
drove home in another driving rainstorm...sigh. went into the garage about 3 hours later and was surprised to see absolutely NO waterspots on the car. as much as i love the liquid souveran, the aw scores another point for the elimination of those irritating h20 marks. wow.

Mr Dream Machines
07-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Black Diamond is quite glossy actually.
It could be that your tyres are a harder compound than my UHP softies.

It's a brilliant temperature reactive gel that keeps coming back when the tyres heat up and then cool back down overnight.