PDA

View Full Version : boars hair brush

Pages : [1] 2

k20z3kid
07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
im just curious to if anyone actually uses the boars hairbrush. it seems like all i hear about is the shmitt, sheepskin, or microfiber. does anyone actually use the boars hair brush for washing?? if so what are your opinions? im considering getting one for the roofs of suvs and whatnot. lol or im just going to put sparkies shmitt on a stick idea in the works.

Reddwarf
07-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I think Gary Sword does. You might search for the brush and his name.

Thejoyofdriving
07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
i use a brush, but it is a synthetic.

PhaRO
07-02-2007, 02:23 AM
I recently purchased one of the boars hair wash brushes from AG. I had wanted to try one for several years never would spend the money. I clean with ONR and have mixed feelings about the brush. Since it doesn't hold onto much if any dirt when using with ONR it leave more dirt on the car. I can tell this is happening by looking at my drying towels. This concerns me but I haven't seen any marring because of it. With a conventional wash you'd be rinsing so this wouldn't be a problem. For now though I'm sticking with my mitt and using the boars hair brush to go over seams and areas my mitt may miss. The brush is very gentle and I've not seen any marring from using it. I've used a boars hair wheel brush for months commercially and the durability is outstanding. I would expect the wash brush to be the same.

mingraygt
07-02-2007, 05:33 AM
I just ordered 2 Montana boars hair brushes the other day. Hopefully I will have them before the weekend.

jmillican
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
I've been using a BHB for over a year now. Someone on one of these threads suggested that when washing with a BHB , you should barely touch the paint and jiggle the brush rather than using long strokes. I use a rinse bucket with 3 grit guards in it--2 at the bottom and I use the 3rd to scrub the brush while it is immersed in the rinse water. Then after scrubbing the brush, I swing it hard enough to leave all the residual rinse water on the driveway. I find that using a boar's head brush is much faster and I don't use it for more than 1 panel before rinsing it.

Sevenrd
07-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I've been using a BHB for a couple months now. I really like it. It covers a wide area and rinses clean very easily. Also appears to be very gentle on the paint as I've noticed no wash-induced marring with it. I was using a sea sponge before the BHB and greatly prefer the BHB.

cbartlett76
07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
i use a boars brush... love it!

clambros
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Pardon me for hi-jacking this thread (but question might be related) ..

?? Which model brush do y'all use ??

John U
07-03-2007, 08:21 AM
They work great cleaning screens!
JU

cbartlett76
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM
the 10" brush with the blue bumper..

trlblazer3
07-03-2007, 11:00 AM
This is one AG product I've always been wanting to try...maybe I'll have to give it shot on my next order.

Surfer
08-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Any other reviews? On Autopia Accumulator says you have to be ultra careful as it can induce marring easily, but reading the product writeup and reviews seems like it works fine with no marring?

Does it clean as good as, say, a Shmitt?

jmillican
08-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Does it clean as good as, say, a Shmitt?

I think the answer is yes and no. I think a BHB is just as good as a Shmitt for cleaning a car which is not particularly dirty or have any caked-on dirt.
Because the BHB's hairs are so long and soft, IMO they are not stiff enough to break the surface of the caked-on mud etc. However, for a car with no hard-to-remove dirt, a BHB is much faster than a Shmitt and I think it is easier to rinse off using the method I described earlier in this thread.

trlblazer3
08-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I just got my 10" BHB yesterday, hoping to try it out this weekend sometime. First impression is that the bristles are very soft. I'm excited to try it out and do a little write-up.