PDA

View Full Version : Polymer Sealants and Clear Bras

DevilsNDetails
01-05-2014, 11:18 PM
My current daily driver came with a factory installed clear bra. On the directions it states to use a Carnauba product to extend the life of the bra. However I picked up the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit and I was curious if the Deep Gloss Sealant would have a negative effect or if I can coat the bra as well?

I was planning on coating the whole car and just skipping the bra area and going over that with the wax when I wax the car.

Any thoughts, ideas, or experiences are appreciated! Feed back please

FUNX650
01-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Regardless of the brand:
I only use XPel's, and Premier Protective Films, Int.'s
Paint Protection Film (PPF) Sealants...

:)

Bob

DevilsNDetails
01-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Regardless of the brand:
I only use XPel's, and Premier Protective Films, Int.'s
Paint Protection Film (PPF) Sealants...

:)

Bob

Does it match the gloss that the rest of the car will have from the DGPS?

wlshephard
01-06-2014, 11:17 AM
If your interested Larry Kosilla has a video and also a podcast episode on clear bra that might be worth checking out..

Andr3wilson
01-06-2014, 11:21 AM
You can seal no problem

As far as matching gloss, the LSP does not matter, the PPF quality will determine how it looks. Thus Bob mention XPel

swanicyouth
01-06-2014, 11:25 AM
I have the Xpel sealant, but in all honesty any LSP seems to work fine. I've use many, and never have had an issue. The Xpel sealant seems to me to be like any other polymer sealant.

Evan.J
01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
You can seal no problem

As far as matching gloss, the LSP does not matter, the PPF quality will determine how it looks. Thus Bob mention XPel
:iagree:

If you hae a very inexpensive film or somethin that is only a 2-ply film them you certainly wont have the look that a 4-5ply film will give you.

Knowing the brand and what line of film from that company would greatly help as well.

Additionally I have seen that a properly prepped paint job makes the film look a lot better.

You will have no problems going with any LSP of your choice.

DevilsNDetails
01-06-2014, 12:07 PM
It's referred to as Genuine Scion Paint Protection Film. I don't know who the actual manufacturer is. It was factory installed though.

DevilsNDetails
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
If your interested Larry Kosilla has a video and also a podcast episode on clear bra that might be worth checking out..

Thanks! Answered all my questions for me! :props: