PDA

View Full Version : Product Reccomendations: Jeep Wrangler used offroad

mkuzmukerau
07-01-2007, 01:39 PM
First off all, thanks in advance for the help. I have been a long time personal detailer, and have used the PC7424 for a while, but have just recently realized the Meguiars products I've always used, just arent the best. What product recommendations do you have for my 04 Jeep Wrangler and 05 Jeep Liberty? I wash one of them everyweekend, and usually wax every 3 washes. Up till now I have used either Meguiars NXT tech wax, or Eagle One Nano. Both leave tons of white residue on all the plastic, and hardly last in the Texas sun. I've used these products since both the vehicles were brand new, and they really arent protecting like the should for how often I wash and wax. I claybar every 6 months, and have occasionally used Meguiars swirl remover or show car glaze. Its apparent that both vehicles have lots of old wax buildup and need a new detail plan. From reading the forum, here's what I came up with. Let me know what you think.

1) Klasse AIO - would use this probably once every 6 months to take off old polish/sealent and rejevenate shine.

2) Klasse High-gloss Paint Sealent - would use this after the AIO once every 6 months.

3) Pinnacle Liquid Sov. - would use this probably once a month, or every 2 or 3 washes.

The Wrangler frequently sees alot of offroad use, so I am hoping the Klasse sealent will better protect the paint then the normal wax I have been using. Would probably use white polishing pads for the AIO, and finishing pads for the sealent/sovern.. For other parts of the vehicle I will continue to use 301 on the tops/plastic fenders/bumpers/mirrors, and Plexus on the plastic windows. And I plan on upgrading from my normal soap (meguiars purple stuff) to Duraglass 901. I always 2 bucket it, with sheepskin mits. What do you all think?

Mike

Surfer
07-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Liberty - detail

Wrangler - mud compliments it best :D

wytstang
07-01-2007, 02:49 PM
The Klasse sealant from what I've read can be very finicky(sp?) to apply. It has a learning curve to get it just thin enough to were it's easy to remove. 2 coats of AIO/SG should give you 5 months protection, this sealant sheets water not beads so you know.

ScottB
07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Offroad -=- P21S Total Wash, by the gallon !

mkuzmukerau
07-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Here's the last thing I am really hanging on... Klasse SG or Wolfgang highgloss Sealent?

wytstang
07-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Wolfgang looks great but durabilty is not the best 2 maybe 3 months max. SG x2=5-6 months easy. What you use to wash plays a part on how long selant and waxs last as well (among other things). A good wash like Megs Gold Class (NXT is a bit harsh) Duragloss #901 or even Kit carnuaba wash is fairly well too.

AndySRT
07-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I used optimum compund and a yellow CCS pad to get all the trail marks off my liberty and make it shine again. topped it with optimum poliseal and you cant ever tell its been taken off road anymore other than the scratches in the plastic fender flares.