PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint Treatment at time of New Car Delivery

911sanantone
01-05-2014, 09:09 AM
I am new to this forum and I would appreciate some advice regarding how to best protect the paint of a new car that I will be purchasing in several weeks. It is grey and will only be a weekend driver.

I will ask the dealer to not prep the car's exterior in anyway because of concerns for swirls and minor scratches that poorly performed washing and prep may cause.

A couple of additional tidbits of information. I am planning Xpel film on the full front and I am not yet "mentally" prepared to go the coating route.

At this time, I am thinking about using OptiSeal (or another recommended sealant) followed by a coat of wax (P21 or other).
I am however considering coating the wheels.

How should I prepare new paint for this and would you recommend a different approach than the one above?

Thanks.

swanicyouth
01-05-2014, 09:19 AM
You can use anything for a weekend car: wax, sealant, or coating. More is going to depend on how you wash it, how it's prepped, and how you take care of it than what product you use on the paint.

Prep is: IronX, Clay, polish as needed, then LSP.

custmsprty
01-05-2014, 09:25 AM
I am new to this forum and I would appreciate some advice regarding how to best protect the paint of a new car that I will be purchasing in several weeks. It is grey and will only be a weekend driver.

I will ask the dealer to not prep the car's exterior in anyway because of concerns for swirls and minor scratches that poorly performed washing and prep may cause.

A couple of additional tidbits of information. I am planning Xpel film on the full front and I am not yet "mentally" prepared to go the coating route.

At this time, I am thinking about using OptiSeal (or another recommended sealant) followed by a coat of wax (P21 or other).
I am however considering coating the wheels.

How should I prepare new paint for this and would you recommend a different approach than the one above?

Thanks.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/74350-how-long-wait-before-waxing-brand-new-car.html

drbll
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html

:dblthumb2:

jartx
01-05-2014, 10:58 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html[/QUOTE]

:whs:

Exactly what I was looking for when I got my new car.

911sanantone
01-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Much appreciated. Thanks
Any preferences regarding OptiSeal versus others?

The Critic
01-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Much appreciated. Thanks
Any preferences regarding OptiSeal versus others?

I think there are more advanced and longer lasting products available today. Try CarPro Reload. Easier application, better dust/dirt repellency and 3-4 month lifespan.

If you're after a traditional sealant, Blackfire Wet Diamond, Sonax Polymer Net Shield or Menzerna Power Lock would be my 3 picks.

For a new vehicle, hit it with Iron-X spray, followed by the Nanoskin Fine Grade Wash Mitt before application of the aforementioned products.