PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean molding under door and near tires

adower
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
What is the best way to clean the molding under the door and near the tires? I've had some really tough spots that wont come out and I dont want to use an abrasive pad. I was thinking of using some OPC @ 3-1 and letting it dwell and trying tomorow.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks they use?

KillaCam
01-04-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm confused which parts you are referring to. Could you take a couple pictures or try to explain it better?

adower
01-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm confused which parts you are referring to. Could you take a couple pictures or try to explain it better?

Can't take pics now since its dark and cold outside. I'm referring to the part under your door where it normally gets scuffed by shoes and where all the road debri / tar gets stuck. Also the area right around your tires.

KillaCam
01-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Is it tar or just road grime? I've had good luck with poorboys bug squash and tarminator.
If that doesn't work try claying it or using a paint cleaner if claying doesn't work.

adower
01-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Is it tar or just road grime? I've had good luck with poorboys bug squash and tarminator.
If that doesn't work try claying it or using a paint cleaner if claying doesn't work.

A little of both unfortunately. Do you think a APC will work?

KillaCam
01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
A little of both unfortunately. Do you think a APC will work?

APC doesn't touch tar. Go with one of the methods I mentioned earlier and that should take care of it.

adower
01-05-2014, 12:03 PM
APC doesn't touch tar. Go with one of the methods I mentioned earlier and that should take care of it.

Gracias! I got tarminator. It manhandled that stuff:xyxthumbs:

Old Tiger
01-05-2014, 12:52 PM
CarPro Tar-X is my go to when all else fails.