PDA

View Full Version : Garage queen with no brake dust...

Lexi65
01-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Can I use car shampoo to clean my rims and tires... They're
never really dirty and absolutely no brake dust. Feed back please
:buffing:

Kacz
01-03-2014, 06:02 PM
For your wheels; yes that's fine.

For your tires you maybe need to hit them with some all purpose cleaner here and there to help combat the appearance issue caused by tire browning (bloom).

Coopers ST
01-03-2014, 06:12 PM
If the wheels are painted I don't see why they would be any different than the painted car. For tires, I would not drag any wash mitt across them then ever drag it across the painted surface of the car or wheels.

Lexi65
01-03-2014, 06:43 PM
If the wheels are painted I don't see why they would be any different than the painted car. For tires, I would not drag any wash mitt across them then ever drag it across the painted surface of the car or wheels.

Rims aren't painted.. They're alloy. Confused by your other comment...are you saying NOT to use same mitt on car paint. Of course, I wouldn't. Feed back please

tpr1634
01-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I use separate bucket, separate washing mitt, Daytona brush,wheel woollies etc.:buffing:

spiralout462
01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
I use nothing but car shampoo on my wheels. My tires get Mothers Wheel Cleaner maybe once a month or whenever I want to apply a new dressing. My vehicles are far from "garage queens" but they do get washed once a week regardless of weather,.

FUNX650
01-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Can I use car shampoo to clean my rims and tires... They're
never really dirty and absolutely no brake dust. Feed back please
:buffing:
From the above description...
I see absolutely no reason why car-wash shampoo cannot be used to clean these tires and wheels.

With that being said:
Absolutely no brake dust?
Is it ever driven? "Special" braking system components?

:confused:

Bob

Lexi65
01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
From the above description...
I see absolutely no reason why car-wash shampoo cannot be used to clean these tires and wheels.

With that being said:
Absolutely no brake dust?
Is it ever driven? "Special" braking system components?

:confused:

Bob
No brake dust...use it for grocery runs and to occasionally drive to the suburbs. Not a DD at all.

FUNX650
01-03-2014, 10:14 PM
No brake dust...use it for grocery runs and to occasionally drive to the suburbs. Not a DD at all.
I understood that it's a Garage Queen.
But...What vehicle has brakes that don't "dust"?

Bob

SR99
01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
But...What vehicle has brakes that don't "dust"?

Bob

Ah, a car trivia question!

A Jaguar with inboard brakes?
(There'd still be dust but I assume it doesn't reach the wheels)