PDA

View Full Version : bmw frozen paint/ coating info?

Pages : [1] 2

Cosmin
01-02-2014, 08:19 PM
wonder if anyone coat (opti-coat , c-quartz )an BMW with "frozen" paint ?
any info would help , thank`s

Just02896
01-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Not sure about sealants or coatings, I've been told that MF towels are a big no no on BMW's matte finishes.

a g thang
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Dr beaslys makes a sealant for matte paint. I have also seen a fellow geek post a thread, he coated a matte wrapped car with cq finest but that's the closest things I can think of. I'm assuming coatings like opti coat and cquartz will change the appearance of the paint making it look more glossy. It's up to you, do want to keep the matte look or have a glossy look with nice protection?

Sent from Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)rex

swanicyouth
01-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't coat that thing with anything. BMW has very specific instructions how to maintain the paint, which I believe include no waxes. Then again, I would never own that car just because you can't reliably work on the paint.

AeroCleanse
01-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I would look for matte finish specific products. I know Swissvax makes a wax thats for use on matte finishes, so I would assume others do as well.

a g thang
01-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Swissvax, chemical guys, nanolex, dr.beasleys all make matte products. No coatings, just sealants, soap, and quick detailers

Cosmin
01-02-2014, 10:12 PM
i don`t plan spend money on dr.beasleys , to use it once a year.
i know for sure and i use before opti-seal , on frozen paint and matte paint , and matte finish , but i was thinking about a coating , if anyone did it already on this type of paint.

i know will be no buffer on this paint and no wax or any abrasive or cleaning wax or paste etc,

a g thang
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM

Found these on google maybe this will give you an idea of what matte looks like with a coating searched one under opti coat and the Beemer under cq

Andr3wilson
01-02-2014, 10:32 PM
POLISHANGEL Cosmic coating works great on matte finishes. Of course don't polish with invincible first.

DBAILEY
01-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Coating matte paint finishes does not make them shiny. It can have a darkening effect to the paint depending on the color. Cquartz will probably darken the most. A coating is exactly what I would put on a car that you can't touch very much. I would want to make it very easy to clean to minimize the marring. I think that matte paint finishes will be regreted by their owners after a few years or wear and tear.

Mike lambert
01-03-2014, 06:59 AM
I have done several matte finishes with c quartz finest. No changes and no problems. Contact car pro for more info.

BeachZone
01-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I've used CQ original and Finest, + OC on matte paint and vinyl with no issues. I would only recommenda coating

-Beach

Woob
01-06-2014, 02:03 PM
From what I hear you can coat with OCPro/CQuartz Finest with attention to gloss/application process.

Dr_Pain
01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
If I were a frozen paint BMW owner I would have selected the paint for its lack of gloss and would be very reluctant of putting anything on it that is known to increase the gloss factor, especially if the product is said to need to be "polished off" in order to completely remove it, so I would vote to stay away from coatings. As for sealants and other matte specific products, I would definitely be willing to experiment.

BeachZone
01-06-2014, 04:05 PM
IMO... You should go with the advice of someone who has had experience with coatings and matte surfaces. Just my 2 pennies

-Beach