PDA

View Full Version : Need some help!

Just02896
01-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm planning on placing an order before the sale ends and cannot decide whether to restock on LC Hydro Tech 5.5" pads or to purchase the LC 5" Hybrids and give them a shot.

I've always used CCS and HT pads but am curious about the Hybids. Will the 5" pads safetly fit a Flex 4-3/8" backplate? Any insight or advice would be much appreciated! :-)

Guessless
01-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm planning on placing an order before the sale ends and cannot decide whether to restock on LC Hydro Tech 5.5" pads or to purchase the LC 5" Hybrids and give them a shot.

I've always used CCS and HT pads but am curious about the Hybids. Will the 5" pads safetly fit a Flex 4-3/8" backplate? Any insight or advice would be much appreciated! :-)

Haven't used either, but if memory serves me most folks here recommended hydro techs over hybrids.

Evan.J
01-01-2014, 10:45 PM
If you have the flex get the hybrid pads and get the LC interchangeable backing plate it's need to ensure proper fit of the hybrid pads

Just02896
01-01-2014, 10:52 PM
If you have the flex get the hybrid pads and get the LC interchangeable backing plate it's need to ensure proper fit of the hybrid pads

Mind if I ask why? Are the pads better quality? 5" pads cut better and provide a more concentrated working area? Which color pads would you recommend? I've always used red or gold CCS 6.5" pads for applying LSP if I don't apply by hand. I like the holding pockets and the 6.5" coverage of the ccs pads to speed up LSP application.

Evan.J
01-01-2014, 10:59 PM
With my flex I only run the 5" hybrid because they make running the machine an easy experience and makes the machine much more enjoyable.

I have lots of the blue and white pads. If i am going to wax by machine i then pull out a traditional DA.

Here is a little article and Thursday night garage with them being used
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/52715-new-5-hybrid-pads-flex-3401-a.html?highlight=hybrid

And here is a big write up on them:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/49549-new-5-inch-pads-4-backing-plate-flex-3401-a.html

These will always be my go to when using the flex

Just02896
01-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the input Evan! It is much appreciated! :-)

Anyone else have any input or advise before I run through checkout?