PDA

View Full Version : Brushes for cleaning door panels, leather,dash

adower
01-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone. I am looking to purchase some brushes to clean leather seats, door panels and the dash. Anyone have recommendations?

pikiki
01-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I use soft brushes for door panels and dash or scrubs sponges(soft) and for seats will depend on what kind of leather on the car.
Like for King Ranch seats I use microfiber pads, for other types maybe a soft scrub or an foam applicator. Depends on the products and personal preference IMO.

adower
01-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I use soft brushes for door panels and dash or scrubs sponges(soft) and for seats will depend on what kind of leather on the car.
Like for King Ranch seats I use microfiber pads, for other types maybe a soft scrub or an foam applicator. Depends on the products and personal preference IMO.

Any examples of soft brushes? Or will anything that says "soft" brush do? I've watched a bunch of larry @ ammo videos and he has a pretty cool brush he uses on leather.

Ill mostly be using OPC for my interior cleaning of dash, door panels and leather.

pikiki
01-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Look at this link, many options to choose. Hope it helps.

Results for Leather and Vinyl Scrub Brush - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&query=Leather+and+Vinyl+Scrub+Brush+&x=44&y=15)

Like this one here is a good one for leather interiors
Natural Horse Hair Interior Upholstery Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/natural-horse-hair-interior-upholstery-brush.html)

Garducio
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
But wouldn't the horse hair scratch the leather?? I have it. it came with a package I bought. would u spray the leather cleaner on the horse hair brush or spray the leather cleaner on the leather then spread it out with the brush??

artofdetailing
01-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Swissvax leather brush will be your go to for all of that. If you are not amazed I will buy it off of you. Unless you have butter soft uncoated leather, dont worry about scratching the leather. It actually helps to have a brush with some umph behind it so dirt that deep in the hide can be agitated to the surface for removal.

adower
01-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Thank you all for your response. I went and got a Kiwi 100% horse hair brush from target.