PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique

Pages : [1] 2

FMINUS
06-30-2007, 10:15 PM
How does this compare to pinnacle leather conditioner?

Thejoyofdriving
06-30-2007, 11:58 PM
never heard of it.

Nica
07-01-2007, 02:13 AM
I've heard great things about the product FMINUS, I haven't used it my self but I'll probably be ordering eventually. Some people don't really like the smell of it others do. From what I've read they say the smell is of rich leather smell, I personaly like that smell but thena gain that's just me.

There are a few members here that I'm sure have used it. I'd be curious to see what feed back you get from others.

ltoman
07-01-2007, 04:27 AM
I have never heard of it either. Where did you find this, if I may ask?

TOGWT
07-01-2007, 06:57 AM
How does this compare to pinnacle leather conditioner?

Leatherequi is considered the number one leather care product

ScottB
07-01-2007, 08:23 AM
consider it more of a rejuvinator however. Its messy but makes quite a difference to leather needing some upkeep or was neglected. Pinnacles is best served using on newer leather and well kept up leather.

FMINUS
07-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Leatherique leather care products, Leatherique Pristine Clean,Leatherique Rejuvenator (http://www.autogeek.net/leleca.html)

supercharged
07-01-2007, 08:18 PM
consider it more of a rejuvinator however. Its messy but makes quite a difference to leather needing some upkeep or was neglected. Pinnacles is best served using on newer leather and well kept up leather.
:iagree: :iagree: Older leather is what you might wanna need it for, when it becomes harder. It is an overkill for new leather. Pinnacle works the best when used regularly to keep new leather looking/feeling new.

pt91
07-01-2007, 08:38 PM
in my experience leatherique is best used on uncoated leater and/or neglected leather. More complicated and messy compared to normal conditioners.

FMINUS
07-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I might just pick up some Connolly then, my buddies Lambo came with some and I really like it

MikeyC
07-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Whatever you do DON'T use Leatherique on the leather in your S2000. I tried it on mine and there are more cracks in the leather than ever before.

According to Sean the leather expert over on S2KI.com Leatherique softens leather to the point where the top (or color) coat will seperate from the leather and crack. This is not a verbatim copy of his explanation, but I'm pretty sure it captures what he was saying.

Since my less than stellar results with Leatherique I've gone back to using Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. I've also used 4* Leather Conditioner with good results. It's very similar to Pinnacle but leaves a bit more shine behind.

Nica
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Whatever you do DON'T use Leatherique on the leather in your S2000. I tried it on mine and there are more cracks in the leather than ever before.

According to Sean the leather expert over on S2KI.com Leatherique softens leather to the point where the top (or color) coat will seperate from the leather and crack. This is not a verbatim copy of his explanation, but I'm pretty sure it captures what he was saying.

Since my less than stellar results with Leatherique I've gone back to using Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. I've also used 4* Leather Conditioner with good results. It's very similar to Pinnacle but leaves a bit more shine behind.

I wonder if what your mentioning here is a general info, meaning that not only could it happen to your S2000 but any other vehicle. I was thinking of purchasing Leatherique my self for my Lexus and my Volvo but out of the two I think the Volvo would benefit from it as it has the harder kind of leather, while my Lexus has the new style of leather (softer).

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Bob Who
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Rub the prestine oil on and let the car sit in the sun for a couple of days !!!!!
Leather will bounce back ...had a 94 Vanden Plas .. that came out like new ...

steveo3002
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
ive used leatherique...it does seem to do a great good of restoring and cleaning the leather

supercharged
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I wonder if what your mentioning here is a general info, meaning that not only could it happen to your S2000 but any other vehicle. I was thinking of purchasing Leatherique my self for my Lexus and my Volvo but out of the two I think the Volvo would benefit from it as it has the harder kind of leather, while my Lexus has the new style of leather (softer).

Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Lexus leather is very soft, and since vehicle is new and well maintained, I'd just use Pinnacle/Wolfgang leather conditioner. Both work the best maintaining new leather looking/smelling new.
Older Volvo however could benefit from Rejuvenating oil.