PDA

View Full Version : Sonax net shield over WDGPS?

Just02896
01-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Anyone know if sonax net shield over wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant would be kosher? Or would you put the sonax on first and the WDGPS on top? Or are they not compatible?

FUNX650
01-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Hypothetically...
I were to use both of these Sealants: "back-to-back"
(but I know deep down inside I wouldn't)...
I'd apply the WGDGPS first.

I know how inefficient of a complete coverage I am capable of when applying products via aerosol can's propellants
that are blowing said products to Timbuktu, and other points of no return.

:)

Bob

FUNX650
01-01-2014, 01:12 AM
Sorry...Double post.

Pureshine
01-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Sonax neg shield is a stand alone product very easy to use. You don't needy to top it with anything. You don't spray net shield on the car you spray a little bit on to a foam pad and do small section at a time . You apply it like opti-coat wipe on wipe off and do not let it dry on the car.

Just02896
01-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Sonax neg shield is a stand alone product very easy to use. You don't needy to top it with anything. You don't spray net shield on the car you spray a little bit on to a foam pad and do small section at a time . You apply it like opti-coat wipe on wipe off and do not let it dry on the car.

I understand the application method as I have used it before and still have half a can. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used it to top WDGPS. I figured I'd ask for input before I took a chance at trying it. :-)

Pureshine
01-01-2014, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=Just02896;1018220]I understand the application method as I have used it before and still have half a can. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used it to top WDGPS. I figured I'd ask for input before I took a chance at trying it. :-)[/

Why do you want to top another sealant with another sealant?

HateSwirls
01-01-2014, 12:41 PM
WGGPS is such a great sealant.
I never apply anything over the sealant including a wax.
It leaves the paint so darn slick and shiny to a point I'd be worried if I would lose that slickness.
Now three months down the road sure, maybe even EZ Cream Glaze for added shine that you lose over time.
It gives you that "Nuba" look with crazy protection.

Harry Da Hamster
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't think Sonax PNS and Wolfgang DGPS contains any pork or shrimp. They should be Kosher to be used individually or together. I'd probably use Wolfgang DGPS first, then Sonax PNS second to keep its hydrophobic properties.

KillaCam
01-01-2014, 04:30 PM
I would just use SPNS and refresh it with Sonax brilliant shine detailer.

Just02896
01-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I don't think Sonax PNS and Wolfgang DGPS contains any pork or shrimp. They should be Kosher to be used individually or together. I'd probably use Wolfgang DGPS first, then Sonax PNS second to keep its hydrophobic properties.

Lol! This is the plan. I corrected the paint on my truck last week and now have a coat of WDGPS on it. Was thinking of adding a coating of Sonax Net Shield in a few weeks to add another layer of protection and to reinforce the WGPS. The truck is used to plow my and a few family member's driveways and literally gets completely covered in salt. This is why I want an extra layer of protection. My and my wife's cars get only a single coat of WDGPS.