PDA

View Full Version : dry the car after hp rinse at coin op or not?

twobucket
12-31-2013, 08:33 PM
If it is followed by a rinseless at home.

Just02896
12-31-2013, 08:47 PM
If your only doing a rinse, then definitely do not attempt to dry the car! It'll still have much contamination after only doing a rinse and drying it will only cause marring and scratching. Drive it home wet and then do a rinse less.

twobucket
12-31-2013, 08:52 PM
If your only doing a rinse, then definitely do not attempt to dry the car! It'll still have much contamination after only doing a rinse and drying it will only cause marring and scratching. Drive it home wet and then do a rinse less.

is it acceptable practice to do the ONR at a vacuum spot at the self wash? I'll definitely not take up the wash bay. They have a lot more vacuum spots than wash bays.

Just02896
12-31-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't see why it would be an issue so long as there isn't anyone waiting on the vacuum spot.

FUNX650
12-31-2013, 10:05 PM
is it acceptable practice to do the ONR at a vacuum spot at the self wash? I'll definitely not take up the wash bay. They have a lot more vacuum spots than wash bays.
IMHO:
What practices that are, or are not, acceptable at this Business establishment are solely up to the discretion of this Business' owner(s)/management.

They are the authoritarians that, to which this question of acceptable practices, should be asked.

:)

Bob

tommygee
12-31-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm in NE Ohio. Believe me the self serves aren't that crowded right now. I do a rinse and then right into my garage for a rinseless. The Quarter wash just is not clean enough or warm enough. I'm there enough so the owner knows me. But I'd rather do everything at home. Plus I have beer there.

Misterpaul
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm in NE Ohio. Believe me the self serves aren't that crowded right now. I do a rinse and then right into my garage for a rinseless. The Quarter wash just is not clean enough or warm enough. I'm there enough so the owner knows me. But I'd rather do everything at home. Plus I have beer there.
^:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:^

OP:
The owners of the car washes near me don't like bay hogs and have signs posted as such: NO BUCKET WASHING OR DRYING OF YOUR VEHICLE IF OTHERS ARE WAITING TO USE THE WASH BAY. I've spoken with all of the car wash owners and they welcome all customers, even us crazy OCD types!

Simply put: if no one is waiting in line to use the bay, stay there and ONR to your hearts content. Pulling out in the lot to finish up is fine too as long as our not making another customer wait for the bay or the vacuum.

TheRosser
01-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I have found that bucket washing is usually acceptable. Except on military bases. They DO NOT allow it.. :(

But, if no sign is present about rules on bucket washing, then fair game unless told otherwise.

Romans5.8
01-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I have found that bucket washing is usually acceptable. Except on military bases. They DO NOT allow it.. :(

But, if no sign is present about rules on bucket washing, then fair game unless told otherwise.

Most say "When others are waiting to use the wash bay". In the winter, that's rarely an issue.

Most also have a 'spot free rinse' option. I usually use that to finish up when I'm knocking crud off at the coin op.