PDA

View Full Version : non-auto cleaning uses with foam cannon

Father87
12-31-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm excited to get my foam cannon and pressure washer. Usually they come with their own foaming attachment, but it sucks compared to the ones use for detailing.

Does anyone use theirs for real cleaning? Side of house, roof, pavement? If so what cleaner do you use, and is it safe to use bleach in the cannon?(does it even foam?)

I was wanting to put weed killer and just lather the whole paved brick driveway. The pump systems are really slow and annoying. I can just put the concentrate right in bottle and get it done real quick!

ken tuep
12-31-2013, 04:28 PM
I used mine over the summer to clean mold and mildew from my house. I mixed Jomax per the manufacturers recommendations, and soaped the siding down. It was easier than a pump sprayer because I worked from the ground. I have an 18 ft extension pole for my pressure washer to reach up high.

The Jomax solution is mixed with bleach, and it did still foam a bit. It wasn't anything like a car wash foam, but more than I expected.

I have used the hose end spray bottles for killing weeds in the driveway, and it worked well. I'm not sure about a foam cannon with it in there.

Father87
12-31-2013, 06:58 PM
The Jomax solution is mixed with bleach, and it did still foam a bit. It wasn't anything like a car wash foam, but more than I expected.

I have used the hose end spray bottles for killing weeds in the driveway, and it worked well. I'm not sure about a foam cannon with it in there.

I was probably gonna throw in a little Optimum Car Wash for its incredible sudsing power if I were to use bleach or some non-foaming cleaner to see if it would help foam and cling.

Yea I've used those too, I have the better gallon pump ones but it's still a pain. Especially compared to just foaming the ground lol.

oldmodman
12-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Kids.

Hot summer day and fill it with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Covers the little rats with heavy foam and won't burn their eyes.

They love it!

dcjredline
12-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Kids.

Hot summer day and fill it with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Covers the little rats with heavy foam and won't burn their eyes.

They love it!
Funny Idea there!!! Ill have to try that this year even though my Daughter is 11!!

Father87
12-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Kids.

They love it!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my daughter is 6, nephew and nieces 7!

spiralout462
12-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Kids.

They love it!

I have been thinking of doing this. Sounds like a good time to me!:xyxthumbs:

Last time I had mine out I foamed up my big picture window with the DG901 that was already in there. I let it dwell for a few minutes then rinsed it off. I was amazed at how well it worked! Crystal clear glass and no streaks what so ever. The best part is I didn't even have to touch the glass at all! No more bringing out the ladder then cleaning the window multiple times only to see streaks when the sun hits just right.

Foam Cannons are awesome!

cardaddy
01-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Funny Idea there!!! Ill have to try that this year even though my Daughter is 11!!

HECK YEAH!!!! :dblthumb2:

I'm gonna' foam ME come warm weather. Me and my Doberman, we both love Baby Shampoo. :buffing:

Father87
01-01-2014, 02:33 AM
I guess it can also be used to groom the dog!