PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest lasting, 'natural looking' tire gel

Pages : [1] 2 3

Romans5.8
12-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey all!

So a side effect of owning a black car is that it makes brownish looking tires stand out like a sore thumb. I've tried a couple matte/natural looking tire gels and they only last a few days. What's the longest lasting one out there? I don't like slimy/greasy tires, I just want them to be a deep black instead of faded and brownish/grayish looking.

07gtcs
12-31-2013, 11:35 AM
I like Blackfire Tire Gel.

octane
12-31-2013, 11:36 AM
tuff shine, two coats will not look too shinny, and you will only need to recoat every 6 months from my experience..

GenesisCoupe
12-31-2013, 11:38 AM
I like my Poorboy's Bold and Bright tire shine. It's water based and the more you apply the longer it lasts. One coat leaves a nice matte look. All my customers love it.

Romans5.8
12-31-2013, 11:58 AM
6 months? That's more like it. I was just hoping for something that would last a month! Re-applying every few days is a pain, and realistically, you need to apply more than that because it becomes splotchy and dull within 48 hours! At least, the two I have used so far.

nat88
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
6 months? That's more like it. I was just hoping for something that would last a month! Re-applying every few days is a pain, and realistically, you need to apply more than that because it becomes splotchy and dull within 48 hours! At least, the two I have used so far.

Agreed this with Blackfire tire gel and Opti bond...still looking .. :(

theblob640
12-31-2013, 12:03 PM
I would have to recommend AMMO Mud. Even after a good tire scrub during a wash, you can tell the gel is still on there. I usually don't have to reapply until after 2 washes or so. So about once a month I reapply.

wytstang
12-31-2013, 12:48 PM
WG tire gel is my favorite and longest lasting tire dressing I have. Once I tried it I stopped looking for tire dressings, I like it that much. Now that my tires have been "impregnated" with it (using it exclusively on my mustang tires since 06') I get 3 months of dark looking tires. Best part is I am still working on the same 16oz bottle I bought back in 06'. They aren't lying when they say it penetrates the tires for long lasting look.

FrankS
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
tuff shine, two coats will not look too shinny, and you will only need to recoat every 6 months from my experience..

:iagree: Tuf Shine Tire Clear Coat!

Romans5.8
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
WG tire gel is my favorite and longest lasting tire dressing I have. Once I tried it I stopped looking for tire dressings, I like it that much. Now that my tires have been "impregnated" with it (using it exclusively on my mustang tires since 06') I get 3 months of dark looking tires. Best part is I am still working on the same 16oz bottle I bought back in 06'. They aren't lying when they say it penetrates the tires for long lasting look.

That sound pretty good. But sheesh, since '06? I don't think I've EVER had tires last that long! LOL. Too many miles!!

Heck even my motorcycle generally needs a set of tires every year. (But then, they only last 15k miles or so).

rouxster
12-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Pinnacle Black Onyx - long lasting, doesn't attract dust and not too shiny.

wytstang
12-31-2013, 01:25 PM
That sound pretty good. But sheesh, since '06? I don't think I've EVER had tires last that long! LOL. Too many miles!!

Heck even my motorcycle generally needs a set of tires every year. (But then, they only last 15k miles or so).
Ha I've gone through 1 set of tires since 06' but both sets only saw wg tire gel. The 16oz bottle how ever I just can't seem to kill. Then again low profile tires don't need a lot of product. Funny thing is I bought a gallon size container of WG tire gel when AG switched color container ($25-16oz or $35-128oz shipped [major discount]). In 7 yrs I haven't been able to kill 16oz's, I have no clue how I am going to get through 128oz's lol.

Romans5.8
12-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Ha I've gone through 1 set of tires since 06' but both sets only saw wg tire gel. The 16oz bottle how ever I just can't seem to kill. Then again low profile tires don't need a lot of product. Funny thing is I bought a gallon size container of WG tire gel when AG switched color container ($25-16oz or $35-128oz shipped [major discount]). In 7 yrs I haven't been able to kill 16oz's, I have no clue how I am going to get through 128oz's lol.

Just refill the 16 oz bottle from the gallon, and ship the 16oz bottle to me! Problem solved! LOL.

wytstang
12-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Hahaha

Love's Auto
12-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Eco shine is really nice lasts and doesn't sling. Malco