PDA

View Full Version : Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Pages : [1] 2

Coach Steve
12-31-2013, 07:07 AM
As soon as the general public discovers this, there'll be no need for us anymore. This has got to be the most magical product ever created! AND, you get 2 bottles of it for only 10 bucks! :rolleyes: ;)

Scratchdini!!

Here's the TV commercial:
I especially love the statement by the "professional detailer" at 00:58 :laughing: :laughing:
https://media.permissioninteractive.com/video/ScratchDini.mp4

Here's the website:
www.scratchdini.com (http://www.scratchdini.com)

It just blows my mind that the FTC doesn't come down on these snake oil peddlers.

KS_Detailing
12-31-2013, 07:26 AM
hahaha "over 500,00 satisfied users" :doh:

PiPUK
12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
In fairness, an expert in the art would point out endless inaccuracies in the info presented with detailing products. The type of product you note will mislead consumers with targeted marketing which detailers won't fall for. On the flip side, detailers tend to fall for marketing targeted at them which the general public would never buy into.

GenesisCoupe
12-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Funny how one of the "customers" used a terry cloth to apply this..you are removing a scratch and installing few new ones by rubbing it in. lol

lyodbraun
12-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Lol looks like a lot of crayon markings on those vehicles LOL stupid ...

Wheelzntoys
12-31-2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/68332-how-does-scam-product-theoretically-work.html

Scam

parttimer
12-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Dude, that is how I do all my cars, I sell them a $300 package, take the car to the garage, slap this on, watch a few movies and give them their car back!

Romans5.8
12-31-2013, 11:31 AM
"You would never intentionally scratch your car"

Proceeds to buff firmly with a dry terry towel.

And yeah, in the video it's quite obviously just markings like crayon or something similar being wiped off.

"Literally wipe the scratch away"

That's the statement that drives me up a wall. Literally, of course, means actually, positively, with absolutely no exaggeration or figurative speech. "I literally cut myself" means I am injured with some sort of laceration that was self-induced. So to say you literally wipe the scratch away implies the scratch was somehow lying in the surface, not etched into the paint- which is obviously not the case.

On the shot where they scratched the Mercedes with a key? You'll notice they buff it with the towel, cover the scratched area with the towel, and don't actually show you an 'after' shot. They quickly pan to another shot of crayon-on-paint. Sneaky!

FUNX650
12-31-2013, 01:41 PM
In fairness, an expert in the art would point out endless inaccuracies in the info presented with detailing products.

The type of product you note will mislead consumers with targeted marketing which detailers won't fall for.

On the flip side, detailers tend to fall for marketing targeted at them which the general public would never buy into.
"No Truer Words Were Ever Spoken" ~Author Unknown

Bob

SonOfOC
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
In fairness, an expert in the art would point out endless inaccuracies in the info presented with detailing products. The type of product you note will mislead consumers with targeted marketing which detailers won't fall for. On the flip side, detailers tend to fall for marketing targeted at them which the general public would never buy into.

:applause:X 1000

mwoolfso
12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
There are so many fraudulent statements in this mp4 it's amazing.

Quiksilver5882
12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
HUGE 4oz bottle lol. What a joke. It's a shame that companies like this bottle garbage and make money.

Tato
12-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Scratch-dini | WNEP.com (http://wnep.com/2013/10/31/scratch-dini/)

Thumbs Down...

aim4squirrels
12-31-2013, 04:00 PM
But what if you apply scratchdini as a coating to you're vehicle? Perhaps it will actively block new scratches as they occur...

NYV6Coupe
12-31-2013, 04:53 PM
That would probably have the same effect as Captain Kirk ordering Mr Sulu to "raise the shields"

QUOTE=aim4squirrels;1017812]But what if you apply scratchdini as a coating to you're vehicle? Perhaps it will actively block new scratches as they occur...[/QUOTE]