PDA

View Full Version : Detail king classes?

Denali2011
12-30-2013, 09:05 PM
I plan on taking the detail kings detailing class has anyone taken it and did you like it ? I'm in Maryland and trying to learn as much as I can. -thanks

bsmith0404
12-30-2013, 09:20 PM
What is your goal? I've never attended their classes, but they appear to be aimed at production detailing vs high end paint correction.

HateSwirls
12-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I read a few that attended their classes and were happy.
But why not go to one of Mike's classes?
Heck come to one of mine. :)
I only charge $200.00 and food is included:)
Soon I'll have someone that will come meet me to learn a few things but no charge.
Detail King also teaches you how to start up a detail business, a full day in the classroom.
Back to Mike, he always has cool cars to allow you to work on.

Btw. I don't give classes but I really have someone that I'll help to learn the basics.

tpr1634
12-30-2013, 09:53 PM
There's something about them a vibe I get, kinda like a shyster vibe? I could be wrong.

swanicyouth
12-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Does DK have pros that show there work and write articles and answer questions daily on a forum???

Don't know. I'm not a pro detailer, but if I was looking to become one I'd want to learn from some dudes with some name recognition before I dropped some $$$. If your looking to learn proper technique and work the the latest and most current products I'd check out Mike Phillips. He literally "wrote the book".

I've heard Renny Doyle is amazing as well. Another guy who "wrote the book".

These kinda dudes are uniquely talented and have a motivational factor to them as well.

Denali2011
12-31-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm just trying to learn as much as possible the class is about 300 bucks and is the closest class I could find here near MD, I have mikes book and have learned a lot but I'm the kind of person that needs hands on training.

HateSwirls
12-31-2013, 06:41 AM
300 bucks isn't bad man.
Enjoy and let us know what you thought about it and learned.

I'm just trying to learn as much as possible the class is about 300 bucks and is the closest class I c

ould find here near MD, I have mikes book and have learned a lot but I'm the kind of person that needs hands on training.

Flash Gordon
12-31-2013, 08:03 AM
If I were going to seek training, I would want it from someone that can cover all aspects of detailing and not just paint polishing

Woob
01-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Specific "supplier" based company training only gives you an insight into basic product methods. Multi methods, cross industry, and various specialties requires you to really learn from people who have many years of experience. You're best to scout the forums, learn from really big industry pro's, and learn from other detailers.